Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Did you get you picture Scotty?"

"No you were in the way and besides the door wasn't open long enough."

"Want me to open it again?"

"No!"

"The Thing (From Another World)"

Worf

Bad Santa :p

Willie (Billy Bob Thornton): Hey, don't f*** with the beard.
Thurman: It's not real.
Willie: No s***. Well, I got sick and it all fell out so I have to wear this f****** thing.
Thurman: How did you get sick?
Willie: I loved a woman who wasn't clean.
Thurman: Mrs Santa?
Willie: No, her sister.

bad-santa-2-news.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
^^^^ Saw that movie for the first time earlier this month uncut!!!! Wow... Disney musta been spinning in his grave! It was hilarious though...

Worf

DesertDan

One Too Many
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness. - The 13th Warrior

SurfGent

Suspended
I never seen'em but my common sense tells me that thie Andies is foothills and the Alps is for but children to climb. Take good care of your hair.

Dell Gue

Jeremiah Johnson

Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness. - The 13th Warrior

I love this and I don't even know the movie.

A line I throw out once in awhile when someone suggests a bad idea. From a decent sequel, "The Lost World: Jurassic Park".
My apologies if I missed it and this one has been given before.

Dr. Ian Malcolm, played by Jeff Goldblum: "Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming."

416rigby

New in Town
P1010042.jpg "He even took the gramophone on safari.
Three rifles, supplies for a month and Mozart."

"you've changed your hair"

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I'm a great fan of ending scenes, and ending dialogue. (I love opening lines too, but let's keep it simple for now.)

In the closing moments of the 1979 film Heart Beat, which purports to be a biopic of Jack Kerouac (John Heard), Neal Cassady (Nick Nolte), and Carolyn Cassady, the woman they both loved (Sissy Spacek), we hear Carolyn in voice over:

"Neal's problem was that he believed life was made by compromises. Jack's was that he believed life was broken by them. And me? I think compromises are like dental appointments. You're damned if you make 'em, and you're damned if you don't."

(It's been 36 years since I saw this film, so I may have the first two lines screwed up.)

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Another truly shivery closing moment, from James Cameron's original Terminator:

After the destruction of what will prove to be the first Terminator, Sarah Connor, pregnant with future soldier Reese's child and aware of the horrific destruction to come, sits in her Jeep getting gas on the edge of the desert.

Child (pointing off at the dark clouds near the mountains): Viene la tormenta!

Sarah (to the station attendant): What did he say?

Attendant: He said, "A storm is coming."

Sarah (quietly): I know. . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24