Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Speirs: You know why you hid in that ditch, Blythe?

Blythe: I was scared.

Speirs: We’re all scared. You hid in that ditch because you think there’s still hope. But Blythe, the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you’re already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be able to function as a soldier's supposed to function. Without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends on it.

from Band of Brothers

EngProf

Practically Family

Speirs: We’re all scared. You hid in that ditch because you think there’s still hope. But Blythe, the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you’re already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be able to function as a soldier's supposed to function. Without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends on it.

from Band of Brothers
Just saw "Twelve O'clock High", and Gregory Peck gives an almost exact version of Lt. Speirs' words to his flight crews.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many

from Band of Brothers

I've seen this series Band and once long gone did time as a soldier but this blarney is hokum sure.

TelemarkTumalo

Familiar Face
"Sir, it seems that you're no better a judge of human bein's than you are a specimen of one. Just on a brief inventory I'd say you could use yourself a shave and a better disposition. And lastly, if you don't my mind me aspersin' your friends... a better class of drinkin' buddy."

The Legend of Buster Scruggs

Last edited:

Woodtroll

One Too Many
After the shootout where the Mackey Bros & their cousin lay dead, Randall Bragg escaped, & Cole & Hitch lay wounded:

“That was quick." — Everett Hitch

”Yeah, everybody could shoot." — Virgil Cole, Appaloosa

That's a good movie, and a great series of books. (The author is Robert B. Parker, who also wrote the Jesse Stone series).

That's a good movie, and a great series of books. (The author is Robert B. Parker, who also wrote the Jesse Stone series).
I’ve read Parker’s Jesse Stone series, Sunny Randall series, Virgil Cole series & the first Western stand alone, Gunman’s Rhapsody. A shame Parker didn’t live longer to add to the last two.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I’ve read Parker’s Jesse Stone series, Sunny Randall series, Virgil Cole series & the first Western stand alone, Gunman’s Rhapsody. A shame Parker didn’t live longer to add to the last two.

Indeed it is. I liked almost everything of Parker's that I read, but am thankful that the wwesterns didn't have the "everybody's got to see a shrink weekly to survive" theme that some of his other series had. It's unfortunate that he carried his ambivalent female character theme into the westerns, though. Still, they are good books.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24