Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Sandwiches?

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by fourstarbanner
I love tomato sandwiches. Wheat bread, tomato, a little bit of mayo, and lettuce.

Boy Howdy, That sandwich was my Dad all over. Except he added pepper.

That man never met a tomato he didn't like.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Favorite sandwich, that's a toughie. There are a few that really do it for me. I'd probably have to go with either the philly steak and cheese or a reuben.

But it is tough to choose.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Humility on rye with baby swiss, lettuce, tomato, and forebearance on the mustard if you please. With a dill pickle, some BBQ chips, and a Cream Soda.

At Lou and Hy's in Akron, Ohio.

:essen:

D

DeaconKC

Ooooooooh,sliders. Gotta love dem puppies! But when I head back to Chicago, we have to raid Portillo's for their Italian Beefs. Man, I miss Maxwell Street, where they would "Cheat you fair" and had the best corned beefs on fresh rye.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Thick white bread with butter, meaty dry cured bacon (none of that streaky rubbish) hot out of the frying pan, a thin spread of brown sauce (preferably Daddies). Heaven.

Otherwise Swiss grain bread, cold homemade roast beef from the night before and Colman's mustard.

That's me sandwich-wise.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Mojave Jack said:
No question about it, I'd like a kolbassi & cheese from Primanti's Bros. in Pittsburgh, a tradition since 1933. The sandwiches have a really neat history. The Primanti Bros. website has a fun history of how the sandwiches came about, complete with real Pittsburgh slang. Mmmmm, kolbassi & cheese, washed down with an Iron City beer. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Oh yeah! Primanti Bros sandwiches are the best. And put that vinegar on the fries! You can get them at a few locations but you need to go to the original in the Warehouse district. I once saw a cook throw a beer bottle at the head of a loud mouth customer. You can't pre-fab that kind of atmosphere!

imported_the_librarian

One of the Regulars
The sub (no pun intended) title on this thread should be called "make you hungry"

I'm sitting here looking at my peanut butter and well, it's just peanut butter.

Maybe I could "Elviscise" it with something....

(runs to the kitchen.....)

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
I'm a BLT kind of guy, but there used to be a place in downtown Los Angeles called Blair's Restaurant (718 S. Grand, behind the old Brooks Bros., accross from the beautiful old Robinson's) that was a classic spot. Established in 1924, their signature sandwich was chopped black olives mixed with cream cheese on bread without the crust. This is a recipe from the days whem a pinch of paprika was considered daring. Great stuff, can be made at home and tastes just like it did in 1945....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80