Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Sandwiches?

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had wonderful cheap bagels, proper Jewish style chewy ones, in Manhattan in sidewalk vendor trucks run by Arabs. Just superb bagels, with cream cheese and good stuff and costing about $2. I was quite pleased.

I'll go to Miller's Deli posthaste. Thanks. I know Polk Street extremely well and worked there for 10 years. I have walked up and down it perhaps 5,000 times -- no joke.

pgoat

One Too Many
Cool!

Ask for the head chef (Robbie Morgenstein) and tell him Phil from NY wants him to "tie my shoes".

I am needing to get out there again myself...it's been way too long. I Love SF!!

pgoat

One Too Many
would ya like fries with that?

The other morning I was on line at my local bagel joint. I heard a guy order a toasted bagel with cream cheese and bacon.:eek:

what, no glass of lard to wash it down???

D

DeaconKC

fortn.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
My absolute favorite to go and buy would be a Johnnie's Pastrami.Over there in Culver City.. MMMMMM, but if I'm in the valley, I like a Hero's pastrami.

And my new favorite one to make is a little concotion I made because I can't wait for my yearly meal from the House of Iran in December at Balboa Park...

So here it is..
A pita pocket, grilled, stuffed with lettuce drizzled with homemade balsamic dressing, rotisserie chicken breast in chunks and flavored with cumin, and adobo seasoning salt, then stuffed even more with black olives and marinated artichoke hearts. YUM YUM YUM... I think I'm making those for dinner tomorrow.;)

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
~*Red*~ said:
So here it is..
A pita pocket, grilled, stuffed with lettuce drizzled with homemade balsamic dressing, rotisserie chicken breast in chunks and flavored with cumin, and adobo seasoning salt, then stuffed even more with black olives and marinated artichoke hearts. YUM YUM YUM... I think I'm making those for dinner tomorrow.;)

We'll be there at 7. Or we can come earlier for drinks if you like ...

Note I'm about to eat a baby sandwich to the left.

Nigel Fisher

New in Town
A Reuben. Well-made only, of course.

Alternately, for quickness, a fried-egg-cheese-ranch-cheese-cheese-cheese sandwich:

1: Toast bread.
2: Meanwhile, scramble an egg with LOTS of cheese. The amount of cheese (grated or very thinly sliced) to egg should be about 1.3:1.
3: After the cheesy eggs are done, spread Ranch dressing on bread. Place single slice of Jarlsberg cheese (or other) on both pieces of bread.
4: Place eggs on bread.
5: Enjoy!

OOH! And Roll-Ups are great! Take a tortilla, preferably homemade, and spread peanut butter (or cashew, etc. butter) on it. Spread jelly, jam, marmalade, preserves, honey-peanut butter, molasses-peanut butter, etc. on. Roll up and eat!

The way to make honey-peanut butter, molasses-peanut butter, or honey-molasses peanut butter, which feels like wetter peanut butter and thus does not need jam are:

Place peanut butter in ramekin.
Add honey, molasses, or any combination thereof. Also possible with jellies and jams.
Mix with a fork, knife, spoon, plastic scraping thing, or really anything.
Spread and eat!

Edit: forgot another thing. Saltines with Nutella, chocolate chips, and whipped cream on one side. On the other - Marmite/Vegemite, peanut butter, and Marshmallow creme.

Hehe I hadnt seen this thread.

Hot Pork Sandwiches are THE BEST!!! I had never come across them until I moved to the Black Country to live with my boyfriend, but they are amazing.

Thick white bread, stuffing, gravy & lots of hot pork, and to top it off, a nice piece of crackling!

I have taken it upon myself to review every hot pork sandwich I eat. It fills up my Myspace blog if nothing else. Perhaps there will be a 'Hot Pork Sandwiches of the Black Country' book. I give them star ratings too. I need a life lol

Edit: After browsing more of the thread, I have to say, a sandwich isn't a sandwich without meat. If it's got chicken in it, it does have to be free range though. I'm not an animal.

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
one of my favorite sandwiches is one that I make. start off with a chicken breast and cut it into strips, put it in this marinade I make (soy sauce, lil teriaki, some lemon juice, crushed garlic, some chili paste, and a little brown sugar) cut up some sweet onions and both both in the marinade for about an hour or so.

get some nice crusty hoagie rolls (crusty on the outside soft on the inside), split the roll closer to the bottom and then hollow out the upper portion careful not to over do it. toast the roll in the oven and grill the chicken and onions (i use one of the foreman grills). put a thin coating of mayo in the roll and then fill it on up with the chicken and onions. mmmm tasty

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
oh and if you want to step up the krispy kreme burger, use one of the bacon maple bars from voodoo donuts in portland. its a maple bar with bacon on it.

8871.jpg

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
rebelgtp said:
oh and if you want to step up the krispy kreme burger, use one of the bacon maple bars from voodoo donuts in portland. its a maple bar with bacon on it.

8871.jpg

my arteries just punched my heart and said "ha, don't even think about it or we quit!" ;)

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
SamMarlowPI said:
my arteries just punched my heart and said "don't even think about it or we quit!" ;)

yeah at my old job one day someone brought in 2 or 3 dozen of those things for the team. my god was everyone miserable that day, well except me knew that just by looking at them they would cause very bad things to happen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy