Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favourit team in FIFA 2010?

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
HadleyH said:
Germany will win the cup.

Fraulein sad sad sad :( :( :(

01020122798000.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Amusing fact (and liable to be asked greatly at pub quizzes if it happens), if Spain wins the WC, then the only team of the 2010 tournament that was undefeated was...

New Zealand!

Go Spain :D

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
:) I'm an idiot....

How nice of you to write (in black no less so it can't be seen unless you quote your post) "I'm an idiot" after you have quoted my previous post about Spain.

That shows real guts, rather than being rude to my face you post a dig which can't immediately be seen.

But what a man, you picked Spain to win.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Smithy said:
How nice of you to write (in black no less so it can't be seen unless you quote your post) "I'm an idiot" after you have quoted my previous post about Spain.

That shows real guts, rather than being rude to my face you post a dig which can't immediately be seen.

But what a man, you picked Spain to win.

I said that I'm an idiot .....not you! How could you possibly find offense in that?

Sorry but I find it extremely difficult to take soccer as seriously as you apparently do .........

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
I said that I'm an idiot .....not you! How could you possibly find offense in that?

I just found it very strange that you'd deliberately write such a comment in black so that it couldn't be seen unless you go to the trouble of quoting it and you put it right after my post. Why not write it in normal white script then? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but I though it was a bit odd. I had no idea people went round writing little secret messages in their posts which can't be seen.

Tomasso said:
Sorry but I find it extremely difficult to take soccer as seriously as you apparently do .........

I actually don't, I enjoy it but only really take notice of the WC and EC. I only take rugby and cricket seriously sports wise ;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Smithy said:
I just found it very strange that you'd deliberately write such a comment in black so that it couldn't be seen unless you go to the trouble of quoting it
Marc Chevalier taught me that years ago. It's done just for sh$ts n' giggles.Purely self-deprecation, in my case. I don't get off on putting people down.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
What a lousy final. After seeing the dutch play in their destructive way for 100 minutes, I am glad Spain finally scored. But what a disgrace.
The bronze match was the final match IMO.:)

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
What Spitfire said.

After the weekend's showing, I say give first and second to Germany and Uruguay for having the balls to play with heart and determination. That yawnfest of a final was less entertaining as a sport and only slightly (& I mean very, very slightly) moreso as a display of amateur dramatics.
Even though the octopus had already told us who was going to win, it would have been nice to see the "best" players in the world give us a show of skillmanship. Pfft. [huh]

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Thirded..

Was like watching schoolkids play.

Sooooo dissapointing.

Best thing of the cup, Paul the Octopus.

He needs to be consulted on other matters of world importance, as surely he can't do worse then the current in charges... ;)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
If nothing else, the WC final did lead me to investigate other horrendous matches in the past. Wonderful back in the day when clouting someone in the face was not sufficient to get sent off.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOtL1m1o_ok&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOtL1m1o_ok&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
If nothing else, the WC final did lead me to investigate other horrendous matches in the past. Wonderful back in the day when clouting someone in the face was not sufficient to get sent off.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOtL1m1o_ok&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOtL1m1o_ok&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Looked like a rugby league or AFL game that BK.

The ref had his work cut out for him ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy