Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Hat Addiction...and your spouse

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
My wife asked me for a couple of my hats. I gave a her a felt for the cooler weather and a straw for warm. She wears them occasionally, mainly because I do. We smile at each other a lot.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
My wife likes this hat on me...

For Christmas, 2010, we gave this hat to my father in law. Alas, it was too small for him, and couldn't be returned because his dog grabbed it for a moment and there are now toothmarks in the crown (no holes all the way through the felt, however!). I had no idea where on earth it was until I found it boxed in the basement last week, tags still attached.

It's a little big on me, and not a style I'd ever wear, with a 1 1/8" ultra stingy underwelt brim. Plus it's a wool hat from Hats in the Belfry, which is not generally my cup of tea... Or so I thought...

I jokingly put it on this morning and my wife (who doesn't enjoy any of my hats) said "Hey you look really good in that hat!"

Though I (and probably many of you) respectfully disagree, that was a cue to keep this one around, I think!

007copydw.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
For Christmas, 2010, we gave this hat to my father in law. Alas, it was too small for him, and couldn't be returned because his dog grabbed it for a moment and there are now toothmarks in the crown (no holes all the way through the felt, however!). I had no idea where on earth it was until I found it boxed in the basement last week, tags still attached.

It's a little big on me, and not a style I'd ever wear, with a 1 1/8" ultra stingy underwelt brim. Plus it's a wool hat from Hats in the Belfry, which is not generally my cup of tea... Or so I thought...

I jokingly put it on this morning and my wife (who doesn't enjoy any of my hats) said "Hey you look really good in that hat!"

Though I (and probably many of you) respectfully disagree, that was a cue to keep this one around, I think!

007copydw.jpg

Jeff, i think is not your Style. But if the wife likes it, by all means keep it

Edward

Bartender
Many hats, no wife, no problem. Actually, sometimes it might be kinda nice to have somebody around to nag a bit, but for now (and the foreseeable future) it's just me and the cats. and they don't care about my hats, long as there's food in the bowl. Mind you, I have noticed recently that it seems to be donning the hat that is the trigger for Greta to start the howls of protest if she thinks I'm leaving for work without her getting her morning treat....

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
My wife had no clue how much a fine hat costs when i first started so that caused a few fights. Now a few years down yhe road she helps and encourages. This weekend was the first time she went to vintage stores with me looking for hats and she really enjoyed herself! I hope she starts coming every weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters