Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your most romantic gesture?

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
The top of me beeing romantic was when I started taking pin up photos. I had fallen in love for that guy that used to paint pin ups for months and hadn´t dared to tell him yet. So when I had my first pin up shooting I took this picture

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

And was handing it over to him by the next chance. He almost had tears in his eyes. Anyway, that relationship wasn´t meant to work out.

My boyfriend (the one I have now and hopefully forever) once was expecting me after a day of hard work with lovely food and a hot bubble-bath with candles around it waiting for me. Awwww... that was so wonderfull!!! But after all we allways do cute things for each other. I allways keep in mind what he likes and sometimes just bring him a biiiig pack of his favourite candy and he allways comes up with cute little surprises and sends me adorable poems to my mobile phone (some that he did himself, not the standard stuff that you find on every flirt-website). He goes and gets me a hot choclate from time to time and little presents that are just adorable.

Foofoogal

Banned
bring him a biiiig pack of his favourite candy

Thanks Scotrace for bringing it back up.

Made me remember how my honey 30 years ago (when we had zip monetarily) used to bring me the large bag of m&ms. lol

We started with his stereo, my hope chest (with mostly hope) a mattress that sunk in the middle on the floor (made it easy to snuggle) some cinder blocks and a board for shelf, a huge spool for wire as coffee table and a box with cloth over it for night table. His parents filled our pantry with food for wedding present.

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Hondo said:
I’ll fly by the seat of my pants for now, Thanks.

When it comes to bisexual women, I've tended to fly by the fly of my pants.

Quoting myself from another thread:

Lucky Strike said:
Here's what I did: The girfriend and I spent Christmas in Rome, and as New Year's Eve was my 40th, we went to dinner, had a fantastic meal, walked around Rome and ended up with prosecco at an outside table at the Campo de Fiori, where the locals gather to stand around the edge of the piazza to try to kill each other with fireworks and by throwing empty bottles into the open space in the middle.

I dragged the girlfriend into the middle of the piazza and proceeded to propose marriage at a quarter past midnight.

Went down on one knee in front of a thousand people and pulled a ring out of my pocket. I had to duck for incoming occasionally, but got through my short speech. The whole piazza applauded, heh.

Now tell me I did well.:p

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mutual sartorial romatic gesture

When we were first dating, one night in San Francisco as we were walking back to our car from a late party, the strap of my shoe broke. As I was wearing vintage 1920s fishnets, I took off my stocking too. Raul tried to carry me but, never try to carry a 120 pound person up Telegraph Hill... so he gave that up. In a sudden fit of inspiration, he whipped off his bow tie, knelt in the street and use it to tie my shoe onto my foot. I then tied my stocking on to him as a bow tie.
I will never forget that, it was so sweet and unplanned and there was a full moon, it was a (rare) warm night... ah, romance...

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Well here goes...

I choose to make my most romantic gesture right here.
To the ladies, this message is for you. You know who you are.

First and foremost, I would like to take this time to personally thank every woman, girl, and lady who is reading this. Just taking the time to read this shows that you are a female of class and distinction who knows what she wants and how she wants to be treated. I have no doubt that most of you are fine, as well.

Ladies, you are most special to me, and to prove your special-ness, I would like to take you out for an eventful evening that we will enjoy to the very heights of ecstasy. It will be a night you will not forget, nor will it be a night you wish to forget.

Here, ladies, is how the night shall go.

I will pick you all up in a gleaming-white limousine. I will not need to knock on the door or beep the horn, because I will arrive just as you are walking down the steps of your respective apartment buildings, each of you looking like you have just walked out of various dreams. I will get out and hold the door for you and comment on how flattering your dress is. I will assuage your fears that you are either over-dressed or under-dressed for the evening. I will be able to do this easily, because it will be true. You dress perfectly for all occasions. That is why you are all such good matches for me. Then, I will mention how the dress brings out your eyes, lips, or hair, because I know you have put a lot of thought into your outfit. I will then kiss your hands softly, and instruct the driver to drive the car.

As our car moves toward it's destination, you will ask where we are going, but I will not tell you. Your curiosity will cause you to tease me, but still, I will not disclose where I am taking you. You will continue to tease me, and so I will tease you back. That is because I love how you ladies flirt. I also admire your curiosity. Your mind excites me, and it makes our relationship much more than physical. Our relationship, in addition to being physical, is also spiritual and emotional. It is perhaps more emotional than spiritual, but these are not competing desires-- they work in harmony to create beautiful music of our love.

Mmmm. I love it when you wear that red dress. Do you know what you do to me? I ache whenever your fine body is not in my bed, covered in part by my 100% polyester satin sheets. I got them from the finest K-mart on all of the east coast. Only the best for you, my ladies. Bring your love to me. I'll treat it the way you always imagined it should be treated.

Now, we will have arrived. I will, again, get out first and open the door for you. You will be surprised that I have taken you to a botanical garden. You will seem surprised and amused that this is where I have taken you, but I have my reasons, and you will become emotionally and physically aroused by those reasons.

I will pay the suggested donation for you and walk hand-in-hand with you into the botanical garden. You have always wanted to come here, but you never have. We will walk slowly, admiring all the diverse plants and flowers. Finally, we will reach a place in back, toward which I've been slowly leading you all along. I will point out an orchid that reminds me of you. I will admit that this is what I have wanted to show you. The fragileness of the plant—its beautiful, flexible petals and well-rounded stem—is only one of the things about this orchid that reminds me of you. I will explain it all in depth, and it will be obvious that I have come to this spot many times and thought about what I'm finally revealing to you.

I know this is our first date, but I beg you ladies not to keep your love from me. My heart aches to be with you, every moment. If it were possible, I would join you at our place of work and whisper sweet nothings into your ear all day long. You are my one true girl, each and every one of you.

Now you ladies will be hungry, so we will adjourn back to my lavish penthouse apartment, where you can sip wine while I create a feast that will both satisfy you and leave you hungry for more. Glazed carrots might be a good side dish. There will also be corn. While I cook, you can cool your body on my balcony, sip wine from my finest European crystal, and enjoy the amazing view of the city's buildings, and perhaps the parking lot below. If the wine is not at the correct temperature, please just say the word. I have devices that can make the wine perfect for you. If you prefer champagne, I have just gotten a shipment this morning from the finest champagne distributor in France, and I would think nothing of going and getting a bottle for you. Anything you desire can be yours. Would you like some grapes while you wait for dinner? They are much like yourself: plump, juicy, and delicious.

After dinner has been served, I will come around to your side of the table, gently pull you up from your chair, and kiss you softly. I will do this with each of you, in turn. Our kisses and embraces will become more passionate until we can no longer take it.

You will take a break from having my passionate lips. I will lead you to the shower, where I will find my finest washcloth and my finest soap, made from the finest and most decadent essential oils, to best cleanse you. I will also be in the shower with you at this time. The steam and my gentle scrubbing will re-ignite your passion for me, but I will go no further than soft kisses in the pulsating water stream. I will then find my finest 100-percent cotton towels and dry you off.

When you are all suitably dry, I will lead you to my round, red satin bed where our desires will run wild all night long. Barry White will delight our ears with a song I wrote just for you: You are my Everything...
I realize that he is dead, but I had him record this prior to his expiration, in anticipation of our love. There will also be smooth jazz.

The next morning will also be filled with tempting delights, in the way of breakfast, coffee, and early morning love. Doughnuts will also be served.

Thank you for reading.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
zaika said:
zohar...that. was. HYSTERICAL. lol you had me in tears...:eusa_clap

I wish I could take credit for all of it-- I stole a good bit of it from a SmooveB column on The Onion. :)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Zohar said:
... in my bed, covered in part by my 100% polyester satin sheets. I got them from the finest K-mart on all of the east coast ...

Sounds a lot like this should be part of Red Neck foreplay: "Hey, you want to ... " :D

zaika

One Too Many
Zohar said:
I wish I could take credit for all of it-- I stole a good bit of it from a SmooveB column on The Onion. :)

aaahahaha! no wonder...boy, i haven't read the onion in quite awhile. smooveb never failed to make me laugh like that...

again...thanks. lol

Caledonia

Practically Family
Just a small question.... How big is this limousine, table, etc, etc? There are an awful lot of us here, and it looks to me like you just made a rather large venture capital investment in the smoochy smooshiness sector! :D

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Caledonia said:
Just a small question.... How big is this limousine, table, etc, etc? There are an awful lot of us here, and it looks to me like you just made a rather large venture capital investment in the smoochy smooshiness sector! :D

The depth, intensity, and capriciousness of our love will conquer all impossibilities.

Mmmm.

Also, it is the finest quality limousine, driven by the finest of all imported drivers. Nothing but the best for my ladies.

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
The Valentine's day following our ten year anniversary I was stumped as to a gift to give my wife, nothing new there. While browsing a gift shop I came across a small, decorative photo album. I came up with the idea to fill up the photo album with pictures, one page for each year we were married, and then added a little caption at the bottom. The photos were from vacations, kids being born, that sort of thing. My wife is very unsentimental, but she got misty eyed when she read through the album. I'm planning volume two for Valentines Day in 2010, I can't believe nearly 20 years have gone by.

Caledonia

Practically Family
I LOVE the flat bed truck idea! Champagne fridge at the driver's end, french bread basket on the front seat, all of us hanging on for dear life, standing on those board things you stand on next to the doors. I love it! Open road ahead... Romance city! And oh the capriciousness of it all. I may just swoon.

On the original question, my most romantic gesture is still to be given, and it may just be a glance, as dearest Herringbone said way back then.

Ah me. :eek: No "sigh with love lost, forlorn, or dreaming" smiley, so that one will have to do. :)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Zohar, I thought this sounded suspiciously like Mister B. (I love The Onion)! The writing made me laugh out loud (my favorite lines; "You are my one true girl, each and every one of you." and, for some odd reason, "There will also be corn.").

I was also entertained by imagining the eye rolling reactions of the Ladies of the Lounge if we ever found ourselves in this situation en masse. While reading the shower portion I pictured a line of Ladies waiting for the shower like that scene in It Happened One Night.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Caledonia said:
Yes, that one! Where's that highway?

For you, I will build the highest quality bridge to Scotland. It will be made of the purest, most desirable concrete and steel. It will be the smoothest ride you have ever experienced, even astride my unicorn, a luxuriant white horse, with a golden horn. I tamed him especially for you. Upon my unicorn, we will cross this bridge to Scotland in utmost luxury, making our way to my penthouse apartment, next to the finest McDonald's upon all of mother earth. You will laugh, and toss you hair in enjoyment, knowing that I have taken care of everything, because of my love for you and all of the ladies who will also be with us.

Taggert

Familiar Face
My ex fiancee came home one day in the AM from her job at the Yankee Candle factory. Usually i would be awake but this time i was still asleep, and she placed a small item on my arm.

I awoke to find she had made me a flower out of the labels from the candles she made. It was the smallest yet most meaningful thing anyone has done for me.

I still have it, and she will always be the one that got away for me :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner