Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1915 Black Felt Fedora,Frogline Hatters,Unisex named after Mayme Taylor

madame babette

New in Town
Hello,

I joined a while ago but have not visited in over 1 year. I wanted to find out more information on this unusual hat, but my search came up empty so if you know more, please contact me. Dates from around 1913 to 1919. After 20 years, I am now parting with this hat. Named after Mayme Taylor, the actress of 1900-1910 era, who also had a popular bar drink named after her, The Mamie Taylor which preceded the Moscow Mule by 100 years. The hat is made of thick supple black fur felt, and is 24 1/4" in interior circumference, a good large or extra large size. Lined, and the lining says "Frogline", Made in America by Master Hatters, and under that says Mayme Taylor. Worth taking a look as it sure seems scarce to me and would be a great hat for a bartender or bar owner. It is a woman's hat (I believe) but was made by a man's hatter, like a lady's antique riding and sporting hat would have been. Very masculine, might look good on some gents who like a softer effect in their hats. Well, thanks for letting me post this. Lots more details on the Ebay page:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1915-Antiqu...YLOR-23-/322248788579?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Last edited:

madame babette

New in Town
This is actually still available. Just go to sellers other items and it will show up. Don't know why Ebay is showing as "ended because of an error in the listing". All I did was move it to an auction format. Oh well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo