Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920's Dunlap Derby 7 3/8 Blackest of the Black

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
Here's derby number 2 for this weekend. A beautiful Dunlap in 7 3/8. Dunlap derbies were said to be the blackest of the black and the felt in this specimen is, indeed, black! No stains or damage of any kind to the felt...appears as it probably did when it first left the factory. I'm putting this at pre-1928 due to the tapes sweatband seam. Sweatband is in very good shape...still flexible. Liner is in pretty good shape. Crown is perfect. This one is tagged as a 7 3/8 and it feels to be about right. For my 7 3/8 long oval head, this regular oval is a bit tight front to rear and a bit loose side to side. I measure the inside circumference at 22 7/8. Box comes with it...I cannot tell if this was the original box or one that joined it over the years. Asking price is $100, plus actual shipping to your location.

dunlapderb1.jpg

dunlapderb2.jpg

dunlapderb3.jpg

dunlapderb4.jpg

dunlapderb5.jpg

dunlapderb6.jpg

dunlapderb7.jpg

dunlapderb8.jpg

dunlapderb9.jpg

dunlapderb10.jpg

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
I bought several bowlers/derbies (five or six, I think) while I was working in Afghanistan this past winter...wife had stacked up the boxes in the corner and I was able to open them all when I came home. One of them was a long oval, my size, which is really the only one I wear...and I only wear it occasionally. Decided to clear the rest of them out of the closet. One Mallory needs the band resewn and has a little fraying on the brim ribbon...but the others were really in quite pristine condition. I can't afford to hold on to a lot of museum pieces, though :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner