Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920's French SB Peak lapel summer suit

DamianM

Vendor
oh yeah and he wanted to sell it all separately. But some people message the seller on the dumbness of that so they decided to put one piece together and bump it up to 800!

Its a nice 20s suit but with no belt back or fancy feature they want gold for the weight of silver

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
The trousers they are selling with the suit are listed as having a 24 inch inside leg, whilst the pair sold separately have a 30 inch inside leg.
If those measurements are correct (and the photos suggest they are), i can only assume the vendor doesn't actually want to sell the suit. How many people do you know with an inside leg of 24 inches (and a waist of 36 inches)?

The jacket is just 25" long, too, for a 44" measured chest. I guess it could be someone around my height & quite portly.

The trousers they are selling with the suit are listed as having a 24 inch inside leg, whilst the pair sold separately have a 30 inch inside leg.
If those measurements are correct (and the photos suggest they are), i can only assume the vendor doesn't actually want to sell the suit. How many people do you know with an inside leg of 24 inches (and a waist of 36 inches)?

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
DamianM said:
Its a nice 20s suit but with no belt back or fancy feature they want gold for the weight of silver

It doesn't need "fancy features" to be "gold". A French-Indochina colonial 20's summer suit is quite a gem.

But it IS pricey for it being a short size and the separated pants for an extra 200.

Baron Kurtz said:
MODS, TURN ON EDIT IN THIS SECTION!!

Yes please! What could be the reason for disabling this function here? It is very annoying not to be able to edit/correct the posts. :confused:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
This is who I see when I think of a small Frenchman in a white suit:
http://youwerehere.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/tattoo-fantasy-island_l1.jpg

Damian, I agree with BK and Fastuni: I think this is an exceptional suit. The age, the condition, the cut, the fact that it was made by a colonial tailors - great stuff.

I can't imagine they will get that price with such short trousers. Of course, some people might not approve, but it would look stunning to cut the trousers down to make them into shorts. At least that way they could be worn.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
EDIT!!!!! that raises the question of whether at some point the shorter trousers were actually plus-2s/knickers that were later altered?

DamianM

Vendor
It a great suit don't get me wrong. Peak lapels, slanted chest pocket, great trouser details.
What I'm getting at is that hes selling it all wrong and It really turns of buyers.
Suits reach that price when the bid is low, it garners enough interest and then you have a bidding war between lots of Short people.
But to start at 800 is ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo