Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920s or 30s Plaid Mackinaw Size 45 or so

An absolutely amazing Mackinaw jacket. Lovely bold plaid Melton-type wool, and original plaid lining. Double breasted with a boutonniere hole in each lapel. All the buttons appear to be original, including the one that the left side of the jacket buttons up to for bad weather. The jacket features flapped lower pockets and handwarmer pockets at the waist/lower chest area. Very much like the "Barnstormer" style. Best of all it retains both sides of its button-on belt. The arm linings have been replaced. The only damage of note is on the non-buckle side of the belt. The buckle is metal and has worn through the fabric of the top side of the belt. There is an area with a couple of mends which i can photograph if wanted. It is extremely inconspicuous due to the complexity of the fabric. In addition, the jacket does need to be cleaned. There are several dirty spots that i'm confident will clean off.

This is unbelievably heavy, so probably best for British or Euro buyers. Shipping would be extraordinarily high to the US. If you're interested, though, i'll calculate shipping to the US using various shipping companies.

I'd like £150 for the jacket. Shipping extra.

Chest: 24.5"
Arm: 24.25"
Shoulder: 20"
Length: 31", 17.5" to waist belt.

Mackinaw1.jpg

Mackinaw2.jpg

Mackinaw3.jpg

This shows the buckle and the damage to the belt where it feeds through the buckle.

Mackinaw4.jpg

Mackinaw5.jpg

Detail of the belted back area. There are 4 pleats up above the belt. Nice detail.

Mackinaw6.jpg

Mackinaw7.jpg

Mackinaw8.jpg

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo