Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920s suits

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
this one ?

_1010391.jpg

the colours are similar, but the scale of the herringbone is different. the herringbone on mine is tiny.

Cobden

Practically Family
The military to civilian fashion has always been rather cyclical. When uniforms began to become practical rather than merely pretty in the late 19th century, they largely copied Norfolk jackets, then evolved into the pleated top pockets with bellowed/patch hip pockets look that we now considered military, that was then re-incorporated into civilian fashion. Since the mid 19th Century (and especially in the 20th) British military fashion has followed sportswear more than anything. WWI SD is based on hiking/golf/cycling wear; WWII battledress based on ski wear; WWII khaki drill based on tennis clothing; and nowadays its a case of "why spend millions on developing new breathable, hardwearing fabrics when adidas has done it for us".

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Regarding 1922, that was back when many men were still buttoning the very bottom button, correct? When did this suddenly become unpopular? Did it really have anything to do with the Duke of Windsor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy