Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920s suits

Boinciel

New in Town
this appears to be a belted waistcoat:

belted_waistcoat_zpsff43294c.jpg

Could it be a back belted jacket that has the belt go inside of the jacket through the side seams?

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
Thanks! It should fit me exactly, but I am hesitant to removing the labels on a jacket almost 100 years old. On the other hand, I am built exactly according to the fashion of that time, and combined with a very narrow pair of 10s/20s tuxedo trousers and a brocade vest it would have quite some potential. I'll probably just keep it without wearing it.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
A great find, Broccoli!
By all means, wear it. Leaving the paper labels where they are won't do the suit any good. You could laminate the old labels if you're worried that they might disintegrate.

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
Thanks!
You're right, paper does not stand time very well, and the metal that holds it might rust. But the labels will be archived of course.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Would anyone mind giving their dating opinion on this piece:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331239004636
I am no expert on these youth styles, would anyone know how old it might be?
I saw that one and was very tempted to bid. I'm glad that another Lounger got it, and a fellow Swede no less! :)

It definitely look to be from the late teens-early twenties. Great price! I think that you should definitely wear it.

Where in Sweden do you live? You see, I'd be very interested in having that jacket copied.

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
I saw that one and was very tempted to bid. I'm glad that another Lounger got it, and a fellow Swede no less! :)

It definitely look to be from the late teens-early twenties. Great price! I think that you should definitely wear it.

Where in Sweden do you live? You see, I'd be very interested in having that jacket copied.

Having it copied? Do you have a tailor? It appears to be a very nice cut jacket.

I live in Stockholm, you can send me a PM.

Claudio

Vendor
All those tags, labels and patents on that tux make me suspiscious on dating it in the 20's - did they have all that info on garments back then?
Also, maybe the breast pocket is too horrizontal (straight) as they were more dipped back then? my 2 pence worht but reagrdless its a great find for a cheap price! Well done

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
If in any way factory made such labels and tags were nothing unusual. It may seem unsual for some, because how often does one see a deadstock, tagged 20's suit?
One label advertises it specifically as intended for young men, so it would have to be according to the latest fashion of the time made.
It most certainly is early 20's. Congrats to Broccoli.

Claudio

Vendor
Its all that info on the paper label that got me wondering (picture which includes the handlers thumb - is that inside cuffs?). I am by no means an expert on vintage clothes this old so all new info for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy