1922 Hart Shaffner & Marx Style Book

Discussion in 'Suits' started by WH1, Sep 5, 2009.

1. WH1

WH1 Practically Family

I recently purchased this pamphlet. It is a 1921/22 Hart Shaffner & Marx Style Book:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WH1

WH1 Practically Family

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. WH1

WH1 Practically Family

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. WH1

WH1 Practically Family

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Luigi Vampa

Luigi Vampa New in Town

Absolutely amazing images. Thank you so much for posting them. I sure wish people still dressed like that. And that HSM still made clothing like that!

6. Dinerman

Dinerman Super Moderator Bartender

There's a lot of fairly timeless stuff there. Thanks for putting this up!

7. WH1

WH1 Practically Family

I particularly like the overcoats some of the back yokes are very interesting and completely different in style from anything available now.

The one thing that I am surprised by is the length of the trousers, they are all hemmed very high, what we would consider highwaters.

8. Yeah, highwater trouser legs were in fashion from around 'teens to the early '20s. The legs were narrow, and very pegged at the bottom. Shoes with spade soles were the rage, and lace-up ankle boots remained popular.

9. mike

mike Call Me a Cab

I agree, they definitely are different. And yet at least in my opinion, not in anyway dated!

10. Yep, highwater trouser legs were in fashion from around the 'teens to the early '20s. The legs were narrow and very pegged at the bottom. Cuffs were large: about 2 inches, sometimes more. Shoes with spade soles were the rage, and lace-up ankle boots remained popular.

11. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Call Me a Cab

WH1, these are great! Thanks for posting them. May I make a suggestion? If your camera has a Macro setting, it would help take these close-up pictures without the blurriness. Look for a little icon of a flower or flower with a magnifying glass over it.

[​IMG]

12. NicknNora

NicknNora A-List Customer

Gorgeous images. I especially like the one with the old movie camera in it. Thanks for posting.

13. mike

mike Call Me a Cab

Has anyone ever attempted to reproduce this era of clothes? It would certainly be worth it!