Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1922 Hart Shaffner & Marx Style Book

WH1

Practically Family
I recently purchased this pamphlet. It is a 1921/22 Hart Shaffner & Marx Style Book:

PICT1855.jpg

PICT1858.jpg

PICT1861.jpg

PICT1863.jpg

Luigi Vampa

New in Town
Absolutely amazing images. Thank you so much for posting them. I sure wish people still dressed like that. And that HSM still made clothing like that!

WH1

Practically Family
I particularly like the overcoats some of the back yokes are very interesting and completely different in style from anything available now.

The one thing that I am surprised by is the length of the trousers, they are all hemmed very high, what we would consider highwaters.

mike

Call Me a Cab
WH1 said:
I particularly like the overcoats some of the back yokes are very interesting and completely different in style from anything available now.

The one thing that I am surprised by is the length of the trousers, they are all hemmed very high, what we would consider highwaters.

I agree, they definitely are different. And yet at least in my opinion, not in anyway dated!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Yep, highwater trouser legs were in fashion from around the 'teens to the early '20s. The legs were narrow and very pegged at the bottom. Cuffs were large: about 2 inches, sometimes more. Shoes with spade soles were the rage, and lace-up ankle boots remained popular.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
WH1, these are great! Thanks for posting them. May I make a suggestion? If your camera has a Macro setting, it would help take these close-up pictures without the blurriness. Look for a little icon of a flower or flower with a magnifying glass over it.

Picture1-17.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner