Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930 Slim Fit Half Belt Back Modification

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
I am thinking about a different back for a 1930 slim fit half belt to get rid of the excess material.

HFUZ_zpsnkjda2xy.jpg

Not to alter this one but to plan a new one.
Any suggestions? Pictures are welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm partial to the back on my premier half belt. No excess material problems at all. It's the back off the premier work coat.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439077223.155076.jpg

samo

One of the Regulars
as suggested, various types of action backs or shoulder gussets can eliminate some excess leather, but You should also consider tapering?

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
Thank you very much for you suggestions.

Do you have pictures of the front of that nice jackets?

Did you ProteinNerd or Superfluous size up for the premier Slim Fit Half Belt? Can you compare the fit of the premium half belt and the cafe racer or standard slim fit half belt?

My slim fit half belt in Vincenza is size 40. I recently tried a size 38 in FQHH which unzipped is fine but zipped up a little bit to snug also with the straps loose.

Maybe a premier half belt is the solution or an size 38 plus 1 inch in the body. I do not layer even in fall or winter.

Here are pictures of my Vincenza size 40 slim fit half belt

IMG_2591_zpsfwczsek9.jpg

IMG_2558_zps06q8b6m5.jpg

HFUZ_zpsnkjda2xy.jpg

My plan is for fall an winter a FQHH slim fit half belt maybe the premier. Straight breast pocket and modified back. Maybe 1 inside pocket. This time i am consider the tumbled brown or black FQHH.

Last edited:

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Your jacket fits great with perfect length on the sleeves and the body. Wear the crap out of it and it will look all the better for it. The enemy of good enough is perfect. I can promise you that if you get a jacket with a "perfect" back, there will be something wrong with the length or the lining or the pockets or the collar. There is always some imperfection. The imperfection might be you gained or lost 10 pounds and it no longer fits exactly the way it did when you bought it years ago. I don't mean to give you grief at all. I've done the same thing and have seen how I end up selling for a substantial loss and buying a new jacket that still isn't perfect . Your jacket looks fantastic as is.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
When I bought my 30s halfbelt a few years ago it was also a little too roomy in the upper back. I took up calisthenics and now it fits great and I can still layer.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The jacket also looks brand new! The more you wear it, the more it will mold to you, and things like that become less apparent.

Mine does that too. I think it's because of the yoke shape. When I wear a sweater under it, the bagginess goes away.

Gromulus

Practically Family
When I bought my 30s halfbelt a few years ago it was also a little too roomy in the upper back. I took up calisthenics and now it fits great and I can still layer.

That's the ticket. Start doing dead-lifts, rows, and lat pull-downs and the back will fit much better.
:)

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
First i want to thank you all for your kind words about my jacket. I am happy with this jacket and did not want to change anything.

But I have a new jacket of this style in mind for fall and winter made from FQHH.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The premier half belt is smaller than the regular slim fit half belt. I think Carrie said its about 1/2 size smaller which I would agree with as the fit jacket was definitely bigger.
I went for a size 40 tapered down to a size 38 waist.
It's pretty much the same as the 40 Board Racer but I didn't need to get tapered in the waist.
I also went for the straight chest pocket. I opted for the diamond pull but it broke and Carrie replaced it with a chain and ball pull which definitely feels stronger.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439138815.381169.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn