Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930 Spiegel Catalog scans

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Spiegel catalog - Fall/Winter 1930

workshirts.jpg

Image197Stitch.jpg

Image200Stitch.jpg

Image199Stitch.jpg

Image203Stitch.jpg

Image205Stitch.jpg

Image206Stitch.jpg

Image209Stitch.jpg

Image211Stitch.jpg

Image212Stitch.jpg

Last edited:

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Shell pockets in the Outdoorsman coat and an ad for a fireman's coat along side the everyday mans coat...fantastic scans.

Monte

A-List Customer
I used to design ads for a living and I love old ads like these. I have now switched to a landscaping job so I could use some good work clothes like that! The big shouldered men in the ads remind me of the big guys in my family.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you for the scans. I am still waiting for a Sears 30s catalog that I bought on ebay more than a month ago. I wish overseas shipping would be faster and cheaper.

Tommy

One of the Regulars
I wonder what the idea was back then about denim pants and turn ups. I guess they are an informal cuff? Years ago I would buy jeans a size longer than I needed and would turn up the legs, I think I did that because I didn't know any better.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I wonder what the idea was back then about denim pants and turn ups. I guess they are an informal cuff? Years ago I would buy jeans a size longer than I needed and would turn up the legs, I think I did that because I didn't know any better.

When I was a kid, my mom bought 'em for me that way so I wouldn't grow out of them so fast. I guess because everyone did it that way it became the 'right' way to wear them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy