Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s/40s Leather Jacket pics

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm really liking these jackets! If I were ever to wear a horse hide jacket I would most certainly choose something vintage that's been sufficiently broken in. I just can't see wrestling with the break in of anything new.

Locrian

New in Town
That Albert Richard jacket is just amazing. I have an Albert Richard horsehide from slightly later (maybe 50's) and it is one of my favourites. Incredibly comfortable and well worn in. But the colour of yours is the bomb.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
these 2 are probably 1950s but nice jackets nevertheless

Looks like they replaced the cuffs with knits - was that commonly done? You can see the line of what must have been an American style cuff at one point. At least, that's what I'm seeing.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Looks like they replaced the cuffs with knits - was that commonly done? You can see the line of what must have been an American style cuff at one point. At least, that's what I'm seeing.

Well spotted Seb. IMHO it would actually look better with the original cuffs in that case. Still a lovely jacket.

I actually have a modern jacket which I bought in Norway in 2003 which is very similar but minus the half belt, flap pockets and it has normal cuffs. I've worn the hell out of it and it's still going strong.

Edward

Bartender
Some cracking looking jackets here. For some reason I was very surprised to see a plain back on the first one in the OP. Great looking jacket, though. I'm particularly taken with the short German motorcycle(?) jackets that look like a primitive Perfecto design (even if their manufacture post-dates the origins of that jacket).

I'm really liking these jackets! If I were ever to wear a horse hide jacket I would most certainly choose something vintage that's been sufficiently broken in. I just can't see wrestling with the break in of anything new.

Oh, breaking it in is half the fun!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Could you stop copy-pasting my research without attribution in your ebay listings? I'm more than happy to say yes if people ask, but plagiarism bugs me.

Last edited:

Buco

Familiar Face
Could you stop copy-pasting my research without attribution in your ebay listings? I'm more than happy to say yes if people ask, but plagiarism bugs me.

Not sure what you are referring to, can you be a little more specific? Yes I do research a lot of these old jackets by google searching and taking out snipits of information from a variety of websites (including this one) but wasn't aware I done anything that may offend anyone, if so apologies

Could it be the Brooks info I use on my listings or is it something else?

Buco

Familiar Face

I think ive figured it out now after seeing the link to your blog which I know ive visited a few times. Apologies anyway and it wont happen again, or at least if I do glean any info from your postings I will put them into my own words.
Great work by the way, I love your posting on zippers which has been of tremendous use in helping me date jackets.
Im pretty sure I owe you a pint :)

Last edited:

Buco

Familiar Face
Some jackets from the 50s and later....

1960s Schott Perfecto 'One star' a real classic motorcycle jacket

Taubers of California Café Jacket

Field and Stream Café Jacket

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
I think ive figured it out now after seeing the link to your blog which I know ive visited a few times. Apologies anyway and it wont happen again, or at least if I do glean any info from your postings I will put them into my own words.
Great work by the way, I love your posting on zippers which has been of tremendous use in helping me date jackets.
Im pretty sure I owe you a pint :)

The smart thing to do would be simply to put the text copied from various sites into quotes and then provide a link to the source.

It would take seconds longer and would save you that pint...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran