Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s/40s Leather Jacket pics

Buco

Familiar Face
Hi all, haven't posted in a while so thought I would put up some more pics of old Leathers.
Some real nice rare jackets, especially nice I think are some the wartime jackets in unusual designs.

Sport Chief Horsehide

bretron

Call Me a Cab
So good; thank you for these pics... Keep em coming (I know you got more ;) )

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Great jackets!

Do you sell on ebay? i am sure i saw some of these there, and the pictures look a lot like the ones from i seller i have saved!

Buco

Familiar Face
Great jackets!

Do you sell on ebay? i am sure i saw some of these there, and the pictures look a lot like the ones from i seller i have saved!

Yes, Stella_Coats. This thread isn't an advertisement by the way, I don't want to get into trouble with any mods (the ebay stuff pretty much sells itself), im just a real enthusiast who would like to share these jackets with people who appreciate them as much as I do.
Id like to keep this thread going and add new pics every week as we are getting so much really good rare stuff in at the moment.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Great stuff. The "30s/40s European/German Leathers" however are 50-60's.
Leather gear with 1930/40's style were very widespread in Germany/Central-Europe well into the 1960's, so often it is difficult to pinpoint a decade.
But these Motorcycle-jackets with piping and "loaded" zipper and buckle arrangements as seen on these specimen are typical for the more "modern" 1950-60's styles.

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Wow! Some incredible pieces there.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few jacket makers having a look at this thread and taking some notes ;)

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Just an attempt at describing the many zippers (often assymetrical), straps and studs that are rather typical of 50-60's jackets.
"Loaded" as compared to the earlier styles that were "cleaner" and usually had less (extra) features.

P.S.: Would you also agree that the zippers themselves are 50's types?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo