Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's? jacket and vest

cpdv

One of the Regulars
I own (well my younger brother now) a jacket and vest made for the same gentleman in a grey fabric and it's cut just like that. And theres no way it was converted. Also the fabric mine is made out of is certainly not any fabric from the last 75 years.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Excellent observation. Converting double to single breast certainly wasn't (isn't) unknown both in "antiquity" and now, so it's not an unreasonable question either.

That jacket/vest combo has a lot of interesting detains, which are tell tale signs of custom tailoring. For example, that hole in the waistcoat for a watch chain, the slick jacket slinging/vest backing, and to a lesser degree the wool pads reinforcing the armpits (these also meant to prevent sweat stains of the lining). It's a real shame there are no pants.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
Perhaps the owner never moved on fashion wise from the early 20s kind of like the fellows wearing new suits that are cut like it's 1990?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
My thoughts were 1920s. Don't worry about the trousers: grey flannels in winter, white flannels in summer. It would look lovely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav