Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's Vintage Rayon w/ Appliqued Design Dress

texasgirl

One Too Many
I won this off ebay and it's too small. At first I thought she'd measured wrong, but I was using a new tape measure that has extra at the beginning for some reason. I guess the girls are just too big, and I think even if I lose more weight it's not going to button. So the measurements stated are correct. I'd like to recoup my cost, or at least close to it. BTW, it's a really dark navy, I thought it was black. It's really nice. A little musty smelling, just needs to be aired out I think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110279569896&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001

637a_1.jpg
64b1_1.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
38"B,30"W, 48"H,43"L
It fits in the bust and waist but the hips are much too big, is it supposed to be full? Also, could you possibly measure it from the armhole to the waist? Looks a bit long in the torso.

Any holes or anything like that? And it's quite sheer, right, but with a black slip it would look good?

texasgirl

One Too Many
Laura- It's supposed to be full in the hip. It actually has a really pretty gathering on each side of the hips. It's sheer- would need a slip, but not so sheer you'd see the slip if you know what I mean. No holes or anything. The lighter area around the neckline has slight discoloration, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a dress that's 75 yrs old :) I've had one person PM me too. I can measure the torso tonight. Thanks!

texasgirl

One Too Many
It's 17 inches from the shoulder seam to the waist. Armhole to waist is 8.5. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR