Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1931 booklet: "Correct Apparel for Gentlemen"

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
This nonsense about seafoam green suits and pastel shirts probably didn't last into 1932.

I remember just a few years later, when Huey P. Long was portrayed as a decadent eccentric by some New York writer or another, one thing mentioned was his fondness for pastel accessories.

What does a "semi-fitted back" mean in jackets? Belt without pleats? Vice versa? Something else entirely?

Great stuff, thunder. But careful, man. We may get to expecting this sort of stuff from you.

Man, that must have been some high-end stuff. Compared to what I've seen in other catalogs and such from that general timeframe, those prices seem quite dear. No?

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
tonyb said:
Great stuff, thunder. But careful, man. We may get to expecting this sort of stuff from you.

Man, that must have been some high-end stuff. Compared to what I've seen in other catalogs and such from that general timeframe, those prices seem quite dear. No?

Well, maybe I'll up the ante. ;)

Correct, those prices are a bit on the high side though other companies such as "Fashion Park" were higher. While Society Brand suits were $50-$65, Fashion Park suits of the same time period were often $75 and up.

And having seen a Fashion Park suit, I can assure you the quality is astounding. Better than any other vintage I've seen before, relatively speaking. But there's no doubt SB was high end as well.

habberdasher

A-List Customer
thunderw21 said:
012-14.jpg

third style flap:
013-13.jpg

Wow...color photos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner