Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1931 Waco Biplane - GREAT RIDE! - PICS

MDFrench

A-List Customer
Hey all,

For my girlfriend Kathleen's birthday, I reserved her a ride in a reproduction 1931 Waco Biplane here at Peachtree-DeKalb Airport near Atlanta - Lemme tell you what an amazing ride it was! Open cockpit flying in a deco-style aeroplane is unmatched!

Kathleen and I added a little vintage touch to the experience with scarves, "Snoopy" flight caps and MK VIII goggles. I highly recommend biplane flying if you can afford a ride!

pair.JPG

waco1.JPG

waco6.JPG

MORE pics of the plane at: www.frenchbrosreviews.com/L/linkpage

boomerchop

One of the Regulars
That had to be incredible!

How did you lay your hands on the helmets and goggles so quickly? Or were they something you already had. They would have added a lot to the experience. What a blast, scarf flapping in the slipstream....., hoping if the pilot did a slow roll that you had your seatbelt fastened. Ah, the joys of open cockpit.

Paul

Jokerswild7

New in Town
That is probably the coolest thing Ive seen all day. Its always been a dream of mine to take a ride in any open cockpit aircraft. Very cool indeed.
I also have the same cap from US Wings, I love it.

Glenn

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
MD, sweet Waco! I took my wife down for a ride in a 1927 Travelair 2000 last year for our anniversary, too! She had actually started it by taking me for a ride in a hot air balloon over Palm Springs for my birthday the year before. We flew out of Carlsbad, CA, and flew south along the coast to La Jolla. What a great day!

1927 Travelair

In front of the plane

No better way to see the coast than through the struts and braces of an open cockpit biplane!

Coastline

And my favorite, the sign in the front cockpit:

No Spitting

At the end of the flight we flew inland a little and did the "Red Baron" portion of the trip with a few mild aerobatics. Quite a thrill!

And just for fun, one of my favorite pictures from the balloon ride:

Ballooon Reflection

MDFrench

A-List Customer
NICE airplane! I wanted to take pictures from the cockpit during the flight but something about the experience made me just want to soak it all in without interruption...so I left the camera in my pocker during the flight. I wish I'd had a RAF-type flying helmet, then I could have used the headphones...

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner