Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1936 Summer Suits

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Alan Eardley said:
I'm currently working in China where most of the outsourced mass-production is done and I can TELL you that Marc is correct in his prediction...

Alan

Alan, which comapanies are these shirts being made for ?

if you don't mind my prying.

yachtie

New in Town
Marc Chevalier said:
Notice some of the solid colors in the shirts (emerald green, anyone?) and the solid cream or white neckties. How did they get away with it? Why can't most of us get away with it as well?

I do it now ( mostly silver or dove grey ties) with dark blue or tan shirts. haven't had a problem and even get compliments. :)

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I myself like the green jacket, vest and white trousers combo.

I think pointe collars will be back soon as well... lots of the lower end brands are making okay points... many like 30's collars, though none like those ultra long Barrymore collars you see on the stars. If they do comeback I don't want the high back of the collar and no undercurve like you see on those 70's shirts.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well this is sadly a wasted & worthless thread now that the pictures have been purged (for 'whatever' daft reason by the member who started it).
A real 'shame' as I (like many members I know) often go back to old threads for inspiration and reference :)

Damn 'annoying' shame!! Schsssssh!!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It just 'sadly' undermines, sabotages and dilutes the worth and understanding of really good thread pieces. What a disappointing waste.
So I'd encourage members that if you do choose to share a great photo that gives strength to a piece of writing, then 'please' leave it there 'ad infinitum.' :)

Thankyou Gents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy