Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1938 Acme (Aero) Good Wear Combat Clone #10 Size 44-Horsehide

Juanito

One of the Regulars
http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Combat_Clone_No10/

I have acquired a number of jackets as of late and seriously need to cull. Some I have had for more than 20 years, some I purchased very recently. As a start I will be listing five starting with this Good Wear 1938 Acme (Aero) Combat Clone #10 in Horsehide, Size 44.

As far as I know, I am the third owner, tibor being the first, and then bseal, members over in the VLJ site. Here are John Chapman of Good Wear Leather's comments:

"This 1938 Acme is like no other - first time I've tried this technique of hand-applying a dye on Horween horsehide. I got it wet first, and put it in the dryer for about an hour. Then, I did a russet dye over their original russet shade (my color is a little darker). It came out really well, and had a huge amount of grain from the treatment.”

1938 Acme A-2: chrome/veg-retan Horween horsehide
Special Chapman dye treatment
Repro 1937 Waldes zipper
Dark russet knits
Reddish russet thread

Front along zipper: 25"
Front chest under arms: 24"
Back under arms: 24"
Back length: 25"
Shoulder width: 19.5"
Sleeve length: 26"

The leather is as thick as Shinki, and weighs the same, but it's much softer. I hope to make a few more jackets with this stuff.

The 1938 is a bit different than later Aeros, in body pattern, but of course the details, too. It only has the large stud snaps. Though I made this as a Combat Clone, I didn't do the wonky stitching, so it's a well-sewn jacket in how straight the lines are."

The 1938 A-2 Aero pattern is a very unique jacket with top stitched waistband, cuffs, and underarm seam, as well as the left side zipper fitted with a leather facing, large stud snaps on the collar

It is a fantastic jacket, particularly in the design features inherent in the 1938 Aero and in John's creation which clearly has brought out the grain in the leather.

$625 shipped in the US, which is exactly what I paid bseal for the jacket a few weeks ago--a bargain. International buyers pay exactl shipping via USPS International Priority Mail.

stevetfire

New in Town

I have acquired a number of jackets as of late and seriously need to cull. Some I have had for more than 20 years, some I purchased very recently. As a start I will be listing five starting with this Good Wear 1938 Acme (Aero) Combat Clone #10 in Horsehide, Size 44.

As far as I know, I am the third owner, tibor being the first, and then bseal, members over in the VLJ site. Here are John Chapman of Good Wear Leather's comments:

"This 1938 Acme is like no other - first time I've tried this technique of hand-applying a dye on Horween horsehide. I got it wet first, and put it in the dryer for about an hour. Then, I did a russet dye over their original russet shade (my color is a little darker). It came out really well, and had a huge amount of grain from the treatment.”

1938 Acme A-2: chrome/veg-retan Horween horsehide
Special Chapman dye treatment
Repro 1937 Waldes zipper
Dark russet knits
Reddish russet thread

Front along zipper: 25"
Front chest under arms: 24"
Back under arms: 24"
Back length: 25"
Shoulder width: 19.5"
Sleeve length: 26"

The leather is as thick as Shinki, and weighs the same, but it's much softer. I hope to make a few more jackets with this stuff.

The 1938 is a bit different than later Aeros, in body pattern, but of course the details, too. It only has the large stud snaps. Though I made this as a Combat Clone, I didn't do the wonky stitching, so it's a well-sewn jacket in how straight the lines are."

The 1938 A-2 Aero pattern is a very unique jacket with top stitched waistband, cuffs, and underarm seam, as well as the left side zipper fitted with a leather facing, large stud snaps on the collar

It is a fantastic jacket, particularly in the design features inherent in the 1938 Aero and in John's creation which clearly has brought out the grain in the leather.

$625 shipped in the US, which is exactly what I paid bseal for the jacket a few weeks ago--a bargain. International buyers pay exactl shipping via USPS International Priority Mail.

Pm sent , I’ll gladly take it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran