Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s British CC41 suit approx Size 36

This is the first of some real spectacular suits and jackets i'll be listing here in order to clear some wardrobe space before i move house soon.

Reluctant sale of this suit i bought from Senator Jack a long time ago. It just never fit me quite right. Standard single breasted notch lapel, black with white pinstripes spaced approx 1.5". This is one with a very rare double breasted waistcoat. Made by Hepworths, it is a true demob suit, as evidenced by the remains of the green size label inside the jacket inner pocket. I believe all the pieces have a CC41 label, but maybe the trousers don't. The jacket and waistcoat certainly do. There are no issues with this suit, it's in fantastic condition.

Offered here before I eBay it. Hurry hurry it'll go there soon! A rare chance to add a very rare (because of the waistcoat) suit to your wardrobe. PM with interest/questions. I'll deal with pricing by PM. The shirt and tie are not included. Paying by paypal will incur fees for the buyer.

Measurements. will appear here in a few hours. Hold on gents. It's about a 36.

Jacket

Chest: 20"
Shoulders: 17"
Arm: 24"
Length from collar top: 28.25"

Waistcoat

Chest: 18.5"
Length: 21.75"

Trousers

Waist: 15.25" + ~1" to come out
Inseam: 28.75" + ~1" to come down
Outseam: 40.5"
Cuff: 1.75" deep, 10.75" wide

HepworthsCC41-1.jpg

HepworthsCC41-2.jpg

HepworthsCC41-3.jpg

They did a really nice job of matching the pinstripes on the waistcoat.

HepworthsCC41-4.jpg

The trousers have button fly with an extender tab with a hook, common to the era. There is a buttoned pocket to the right rear, and a watch/ticket/change pocket to the right of the waist closure at front.

HepworthsCC41-5.jpg

HepworthsCC41-6.jpg

HepworthsCC41-7.jpg

bk

Fu Manchu

One of the Regulars
Oh my word.

My gosh, Baron, that's a beautiful suit. I love the double breasted waistcoat. Sadly, the trousers are just too short. Please tell me that you'll be posting something a bit bigger; I'd like to do my part to help you clean yr. closet!

Dan

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I CANNOT BELIEVE this is still here!

Come on Gents, what's wrong..? [huh] If this is your size, then for goodness sake, snap it up. This is not one of your partially lined American light-weights you know!! these were built like armour by the Brits!! and the DB waist coat just adds that 'je ne sais pas' to it. GRAB IT if the suit fits - trust me.

I'd even contemplate 'fasting' to get that suit to fit 'me!!' (but I love my chocolate too much).

Warden

One Too Many
Ho I want it bad, but I am a 36 inch waist, can't see me getting down to a 15 inch waist not matter how little I eat.

Love the suit, if only ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy