Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s Horsehide Aviator jacket-size 40/42

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Another non-fitting jacket from my collection. This is a most interesting 1940s Aviator style jacket. It has no labels, but I am calling it light weight horsehide. I've handled 100s of vintage jackets and this is my assessment. It is in the size 40/42 size. I'm 5'9" 190 pounds and I can zip it, but I'm too thick in the middle. No issues with the leather, 40s Talon zipper is well sewn and working. All the buttons are present. Lining has some soiling, but very good for a jacket that is probably 75 years old. Has the gathered sides popular during and right after the War. These sides give breathing room, but not enough for me.. Think what this jacket would look on you not on me!

The condition is excellent and the style is seldom seen. When is the last time a jacket this cool show up in wearable condition? I'm always looking and haven't seen one recently. Vintage jackets like this are not going to be around forever. Don't blink your eyes.

1654552315962.jpeg
1654552351514.jpeg
1654552382596.jpeg
1654552413439.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Nice one T. You look like your feeling pretty good too...I'm glad. It if were too big on you I wouldn't hesitate to snatch it up.
Be well,
David
Terry, if you sell one of these aviators in a 44-46, I’m your huckleberry

They just don't come around too often in any size. I've had this jacket for several years. WWII ironically was something of the end for the Aviator, the cross zip turned into motorcycle jackets. All the catalogs in the late 30s listed them, but they are rare today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider