Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s Stetson Whippet Size 7, Grey w/ box

I've reluctantly decided to sell this Royal Stetson Whippet, which i think dates to the late 1940s. I simply haven't worn it for over 2 years. The dimensions are flattering for any head shape; I think this is what makes the Whippet such a desirable model.

The felt is soft and pliable, and readily takes a crease. It's marked a size 7, but fits a touch bigger (see measurements). I've had to pad the sweatband with strips of felt to make it fit my 7 LO head well. It's just a bit loose … It has one very small mark under the brim (pictured). One note: it is more of a mousy grey than i appears in the photographs. It's one of those colours that's quite difficult to capture. Not a light grey, not a dark grey, and definite hints of brownish tint in the felt.

Measurements:

Crown (open): approx 5 1/2"
Brim: just under 2 1/2"
Inside, front to back: 7 3/8"
Inside, side to side: 6 1/8"
Inside APPROXIMATE circumference: 21 7/8"

I'd like £125 for the hat & box. Shipping extra and to be determined by destination, but will not be extortionate. Cash or personal cheques preferred from within the UK. For other countries, Paypal is fine. PM with interest.

greystetsonwhippet2.jpg

greystetsonwhippet1.jpg

greystetsonwhippet3.jpg

greystetsonwhippet4.jpg

greystetsonwhippet5.jpg

wear spots on the reed covering:

greystetsonwhippet6.jpg

very small light stain on underside of brim:

greystetsonwhippet7.jpg

Various sweatband markings and labels:

greystetsonwhippet8.jpg

The box. Scuffed and 1 dented spot, but not holed.

greystetsonwhippet9.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925