Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1949 Bold Look Suit. Very Tall size 36-38

Gents,

Here's a beautiful suit. Dated 1949, 2 piece grey multi-colour pinstripe double breasted. It's in really nice shape. It's quite a strange size. Mario has first refusal on this one. PERFECT for the tall slim chap. A Very rare size.

Jacket

Chest: 20.75"
Arm: 26.5"
Shoulders: 19"
Length: 33.5"

Trousers

Waist: 29" + 3" to come out (told you it was a weird size)
Inseam: 32.5" + just about an inch to come down.
Outseam: 45.5"
Cuffs: 1.75" x 9.75"

I think it will be quite easy to get 34" out of these legs, certainly 34" and perhaps a bit more possible if the cuff depth is reduced a little bit, and with a false cuff.

Please PM with interest and we'll talk about how to get payment to me. £150 gets the suit.

ForneySuit1.jpg

ForneySuit2.jpg

ForneySuit3.jpg

ForneySuit4.jpg

bk

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
It is a shame I don't have the money for this, although, I probably couldn't let out the trousers to be long enough anyway. Having a trouser size of 32-36 makes life rather difficult.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
That does make it very tempting, but tuition I really shouldn't be spending money, even on a gorgeous suit like this.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
OK, I thought I was tall but the sleeves are far too long, the jacket length is quite a bit too long and the trousers a little bit too long. And I really can't afford it (considering what the alteration cost is likely to be) at the moment as I've already overspent my suit budget for this year.

Out of nosiness, is this a British or an American suit? And could you give any details about the trousers?

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_doh: "The best place to hide something is where everyone can see it." Classic case of me overlooking the obvious. I was looking for details like half lining, belt loops and a zip fly which to my knowledge were mostly found on American suits until the early 60s.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I don't think I could make it work for me or I would have grabbed it years ago. Whoever has the matching measurements, buy this suit.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Dagnabbit. This suit is still available, and I still want it, but I still don't have the money. I haven't bought a suit since this has been up, and I would really like to have another, but I don't wear them enough to justify it. Ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner