Vintage Original 1949 USN Peacoat rare size 46

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Gav, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

Catch and release!

I recently bought this Navy peacoat which is sadly a size too big for me.

It is dated at 1949 from the label, pocket lining and buttons etc, according to @Peacoat fantastic thread. This is in remarkable condition as can be seen in the photos. There is virtually no wear anywhere on this coat with just a couple of minor nibbles by the moths on one sleeve (pictured). Otherwise it looks unworn with the Kersey wool and lining pretty much unmarked. When I unpacked it, I was sure I had got a repro rather than a 70 year old original.

Measurements (approx):
    Pit to pit ~24"
    Shoulder to cuff ~25 3/4"
    Shoulder to shoulder ~19 3/4"
    Base of collar to hem ~34"

This ships from the UK, international shipping is possible but at 2.5kg will be a bit more expensive.

£200 shipped in the UK with Paypal F&F, contact me for international shipping prices.
    IMG_5020.jpeg IMG_5026.jpeg IMG_5022.jpeg IMG_5023.jpeg IMG_5025.jpeg IMG_5028.jpeg IMG_5029.jpeg IMG_5046.JPG IMG_5045.JPG

BobHufford, Dav and Peter Mackin like this.
  2. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

I'd also trade this for a size 44 original or towards a Buzz or RMC repro.

3. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

bump and drop to £180 shipped in the UK. Add about £20-35 for worldwide shipping, probably, depending on destination