Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950's Color Slides

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Just got from in-laws two boxes holding hundreds of color slides from 1952 forward. Most are from 50's. The last appear to be 71. I will have to scan and post some. Some incredible finds so far:

Cuba and Havana
The "Coral Gables" oil tanker
Niagra Falls
Rockefeller Center and downtown NY Christmas 1954
Indian Lake NY

More to come as I dig deeper. The slides are well labeled with date, location and sometimes the time. Unfortunately only first names like "Rod's house" so I have no idea who took these photos.

Matt

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Talbot said:
Great, I love this stuff!

Looking forward to your scans.

Talbot

As am I. Just taught myself how to operate the slide projector I've had in my attic for five years and WOW! Some of these slides are AWESOME!! And I haven't looked at but about ten of them. Anybody know offhand the cost of having a company bulk digitize all of them? Then from a CD I can select ones to upload. Of course for studying closely nothing beats a 3x5 shot. That's 3ft by 5ft on my screen!

Matt

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
At some of the better photo/digital shops I've been to in the several places I've lived in Canada, prices range from 75 cents to $1.50 (Canadian greenbacks, obviously). I've had negatives and slides scanned and printed.

Those quotes were just for scanning, not prints.

If you have bulk images to scan, you can perhaps negotiate a deal. After all, volume is the key!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24