Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950s Harrods Chester Barrie Fine Herringbone Wool Topcoat

mattface

Practically Family
http://www.etsy.com/listing/85691915/1950s-harrods-chester-barrie-fine

il_570xN.284796012.jpg

il_570xN.284670907.jpg

il_570xN.284670913.jpg

This wool topcoat from Harrods is just beautiful. The Fine woven Heringbone is thick and luxurious feeling. There is no label describing the fiber content, so I can only guess, but it feels to me like there might be some cashmere in there. Condition-wise this coat is excellent. it is a little threadbare around the inside picket, and the tag had come halfway unstitched. If you look at the photo, I'm sure you can guess which half I stitched and which half was done by the tailor. Other than that I see no problems at all with this beautiful coat.

Fit:
Shoulder: 19"
Chest: 22"
Sleeve: 25"
Length: 40"

Last edited:

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
More like a size 40, don't you think? I mean the chest measures 44-inches, but you have to have a little room to move around.

mattface

Practically Family
More like a size 40, don't you think? I mean the chest measures 44-inches, but you have to have a little room to move around.

There is no way I can wear a size 40. Maybe like a 42. There is not a lot of room for layering underneath. My understanding is that you should size up one size for a top coat. There are no size tags in this coat, so I was just going by the straight measurements, but yeah given how thick it is it probably does not fit like a 44.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou