Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950s Ladies suede jacket.

In addition to my hats for sale, i also have some clothes. This is the first of several that i bought for the Baroness but they turned out to be too big. A beautiful 1950s suede western-style jacket with tassles (a couple of tassles are missing). Made by Desert Suedes (see label). The buttons are suede covered to match the jacket. The suede is incredibly soft and reasonably heavy. The jacket has several marks that are typical of suede jackets of this age but no damage. The lining is probably acetate, and has a little rip at the collar region. Not seen when worn. Sadly, when i bought it there was a pin badge on the lapel at the boutonniere. It has left a ring of different texture. This may be fixable with a suede brush. there is a little tag - the old style paper-covered linen - which says "Size 12". Measurements below.

Chest: 18.5" armpit to armpit
Shoulders: 16.5" from seam to seam
Length: 26" from the base of the collar to the rear hem
Arms: 23" from shoulder seam to cuff

I'm asking £25 for the jacket, with shipping to be determined. I am hoping that the jacket will be under 2 kg so that shipping is not ridiculous. If it's over 2 kg, it'll probably be best for this to be shipped only within the UK.

PM if you're interested.

Personal cheques (checks) or money/postal orders only please. I can accept cheques in US$, €, or £.

WomensSuede1.JPG

WomensSuede3.JPG

WomensSuede4.JPG

WomensSuede5.JPG

WomensSuede6.JPG

WomensSuede7.JPG

WomensSuede2.JPG

I finally got around to weighing this jacket.

Shipping cost to the UK is £6.00

Most other European countries £7.50

Shipping costs to the US will be:

Airmail (from 5 days): £13.00
Surface Mail (from 56 days): £7.00

There are "signed for" options, but they cost more.

Airmail signed for (from 5 days): £16.00
Surface Mail signed for (from 56 days): £10.50

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy