Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 1960's Ladies Hats

Annixter

Practically Family
I saved these c. 1960 hats from a flea market today, and I'm hoping to pass on the find to a FL member before I try elsewhere. Please pm me if you're interested.

Mr. John of New York and Paris "Sophisticate": The mustard-colored body is a "Contessa" imported fur, made in Italy. The felt is nice a supple, and the vertical creases on the crown coupled with the drooping brim make for an interesting style. The ribbon appears to be a faux leather. I cannot find any damage to the hat aside from what looks like light dirt around the brim's edge, which should lift easy enough with brushing and possibly washing. Asking $20 + shipping.

Dimensions:
Inside circumference: 21-1/2"
Brim width: 3-3/4"
Crown height: 6"

Glenover Fawntra Felt 100% wool body, made in Poland, sold by Sonni of San Francisco. The chocolate-colored felt is nice and supple with great shape to the brim. I see no signs that the hat ever had a sweatband. I cannot find any issues with the hat, although it could use a good brushing and ironing to the grosgrain ribbon tails. Asking $15 + shipping.

Dimensions:
Inside circumference: 21-3/4"
Brim width: 3-1/2"
Crown height: 5"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran