Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 fine fedoras on Johnny Depp and Keith Richards

One Too Many
Style?

Other artists, musicians dress well suited, the diference betwwen is the culture beggar than show this men, really in my town there are many drunkers dressing like them, I´m sorry, is mi opinion and I will not talk any more about.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Yeps said:
johnny-depp-tan-hat-200x200.jpg

Johnny%20Depp-14.jpg

johnny-depp-pe-tokyo-premiere.jpg

johnny-depp-narita-japan.jpg

I think he really likes this one.
Must have spray-lacquered it to have it maintain its "casual" misshape with such consistency.[huh]

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
There's a lot of things I just don't "get" about fashion. When I watch Project Runway, for example, more often than not, my favorite is the one savaged by the judges. But in defense of Depp, there's more going on here than "trying really hard to make it look like they don't care how they look."

Believe it or not, there are just those types in the world. Look at Depp's body of work. Did you really expect he'd show up in a finely tailored suit?

Mind you, I'm not saying you have to like what he's wearing. I'm actually not fond of this particular outfit, but, as I said on the first page, he definitely has his own defined sense of style which works for him.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
jlee562 said:
There's a lot of things I just don't "get" about fashion. When I watch Project Runway, for example, more often than not, my favorite is the one savaged by the judges. But in defense of Depp, there's more going on here than "trying really hard to make it look like they don't care how they look."

Believe it or not, there are just those types in the world. Look at Depp's body of work. Did you really expect he'd show up in a finely tailored suit?

Mind you, I'm not saying you have to like what he's wearing. I'm actually not fond of this particular outfit, but, as I said on the first page, he definitely has his own defined sense of style which works for him.

Comment was for the specific picture, not Depp in general. Note that in the above photos not only is the hat consistent, but so is the size and shape of the eyeglass frames despite a different pair in each photo. He's definitely thinking about what he is wearing.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
Comment was for the specific picture, not Depp in general. Note that in the above photos not only is the hat consistent, but so is the size and shape of the eyeglass frames despite a different pair in each photo. He's definitely thinking about what he is wearing.

Though I paraphrased you, I was speaking more generally to the comments about Depp's style. No offense intended, good sir.

Jabos

A-List Customer
So what is Johnny doing with it to cause that hole to keep expanding? Is that just from him grabbing it? And has anyone figured out what it is?

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Great detective work Yeps!

BTW, the condition of the hat makes me happy. He obliviously wears the sh$t of of this lid. He's a style and cultural icon - and an ambassador for fedora wearing. More power to him!

Let's not be elitist about hat wearing :p

Yeps said:
johnny-depp-tan-hat-200x200.jpg

Johnny%20Depp-14.jpg

johnny-depp-pe-tokyo-premiere.jpg

johnny-depp-narita-japan.jpg

I think he really likes this one.

Lonny

One of the Regulars
Jabos said:
So what is Johnny doing with it to cause that hole to keep expanding? Is that just from him grabbing it? And has anyone figured out what it is?

I've gotta say, that hat he sports is fantastic, I've always loved it.

Is it a specific type of fedora? Or just a "fedora"?

Also, what do you think its measurements are? It looks like its got a huge crown and a broad brim. Absolutely love it, it looks fantastic. :)

DRB

One Too Many
Personally, I think they look like they should be sitting on a sidewalk begging for coins. That look is fine if you are filming and need it, but to wear in on a daily basis? I like Johnny Depp a lot but.....:eek:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Lonny said:
I've gotta say, that hat he sports is fantastic, I've always loved it.

Is it a specific type of fedora? Or just a "fedora"?

Also, what do you think its measurements are? It looks like its got a huge crown and a broad brim. Absolutely love it, it looks fantastic. :)

I think that someone around here established that it was something along the lines of an old whippet. I would guess that it has a brim of a little over 2.5 inches. It is a great hat.

The Lark got one from Mr. Fawcett made to match this hat.

The Lark said:
Yay! My Depp hat arrived today.

Been playing with the bash all morning, trying to get it just right. Wow, this is such a soft hat compared to my Akubra Bogart, which is stiff as a board. Also, I have to get used to the lack of taper in the crown. It's a very different look.

img0046e.jpg

img0047f.jpg

[IMGhttp://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4584/img0048di.jpg[/IMG]

img00501b.jpg

img0049fg.jpg

azshawn

Familiar Face
To me it looks like a hat that JD really loves, but always picks up by the pinch, hence the hole. I could be wrong though. The look works for JD, but most "regular" guys look like they are playing dress up when they try the rock n roll look.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
azshawn said:
To me it looks like a hat that JD really loves, but always picks up by the pinch, hence the hole. I could be wrong though. The look works for JD, but most "regular" guys look like they are playing dress up when they try the rock n roll look.
Has to pick it up by the pinch so that the brim remains perfectly arranged.;)

scottyrocks said:
He can wear whatever he wants. He's Keith Richards.

Ain't that the truth.

As to Depp ... Well, he's so good looking (he and I are often mistaken for each other) he can pull off looks that might make mere mortals look silly. I'm with rlk, though: it's highly doubtful that Depp's attire is as haphazard as it might first appear. I'd bet that somebody puts considerable thought into it.

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Its interesting to compare these photos of Richards to those of Prince Charles that you see from time to time.

Two aging (already aged?) men dressing worlds apart yet both still managing to look completely pathetic.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
The photo of those two speaks to me also.
The problem is that it says that those two just entered the hallway of some building where shopping carts full of your worldly belongings are not allowed when you enter to use the public showers.

Maybe there is a casting call for a re-make of Grapes of Wrath

Chic, no. SHEEK!!!!, maybe.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
RobFedoraField said:
He's succeeded in doing to a hat in a couple of years, what takes others a couple of lifetimes.

For what it is worth, that was definitely an old hat in the first place, and traveling does take its toll on a hat. (My St. Regis (now recurled and repaired) developed a hole in the crown also, despite me not being particularly abusive to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points