Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 fine fedoras on Johnny Depp and Keith Richards

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
jlee562 said:
I'm pretty sure Art's made an exact clone of Depp's grey fedora...I coulda sworn I saw one in the hall of fame thread.

I quoted it into this thread... look up.

Jabos

A-List Customer
I've got it. The hole isn't from grabbing the pinch but rather from bumping it on the limo door frame. I do that all the time getting into my pickup! :p Depp's look is very haphazard in a very calculated sort of way by his designer. Richard's look is haphazard in a sort of "heroin blew too many brain cells" way.

Too bad Johnny D is going grungish retro hip. I wish he went "vintage suit/elegant/Cary Grant" instead. I'd love to go Cary Grant but I don't have the personal chef/trainer to have that svelte look. Sour grapes, sour grapes, sour grapes.

Wonder if Johnny D lurks on here?

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Yeps said:
I quoted it into this thread... look up.

No, not that hat. I mean an exact clone. I did see your post, I assure you.

In fact, there is more than one of Art's Depp clones in existence:
achi11es said:
I had Art make me the exact same hat last year. I tend to wear it with a variety of colours, and it seems to works well. From tweed to brown corduroy jackets, jeans etc. Quite a versatile hat.

fawcett.jpg

Not a very good picture, but will get a better one up. You'll love yours.

Zee.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
jlee562 said:
No, not that hat. I mean an exact clone. I did see your post, I assure you.

In fact, there is more than one of Art's Depp clones in existence:

Sorry, I shouldn't have been snarky. I thought that was pretty close.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Hey J.D., [because you know we're down like that]

Don't let these guys get to you. I know that, despite your near perfect life, even internet hat guys can get you down.

Take heart. For every guy on here who doesn't understand you style, there are millions of men who want to be just like you (note the repros of your hats), and women who would love to be with you.

I apologize for the mean spirited people who would mock you, and hope that, one day, you'll do more than just lurk here.

You'll never please everyone, but everyone who counts thinks you're great.

-Lefty

P.S. Don't forget to mention me to the casting director of the next Pirates movie. I do a great Argghhh! PM me with any details after you get that post count up.

:D

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Must keep the really nice hats for his private life. (Or wears them only indoors like the long lost and missed ScottF - went Cold Turkey I guess).

Lonny

One of the Regulars
Rat Pack said:
I just want to know where he gets the frames for his sun/glasses.

I'm positive the frames are Moscot Lemtosh frames.
Some argue that they are Tart Arnell's. But I would like to think they are Moscot's as I own a couple pairs. :)

As for that "Art" made hat, where can I find a link to this fantastic looking hat and its maker? If possible that is.

And what is a "whippet"? Haha, sorry if thats a stupid question...

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Lonny said:
As for that "Art" made hat, where can I find a link to this fantastic looking hat and its maker? If possible that is.

lol lol
Edit: Oh, I saw your post count and figured you were clowning around. Arts Hall of Fame thread deservably hasn't made it off the front page since its birth in 2006.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Lonny said:

Art is Art Fawcett, his hat making enterprise is Vintage Silhouettes, which can be found online at: http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/

The relevant thread here on the fedora lounge would be: http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=13616

Although this is the hat I was thinking of earlier in the thread.

A whippet is the name of a vintage Stetson model.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
My stetson Whippet (circa 1947) is cleaner looking than Depp's, but as a whole, the same exact hat. It is pliable enough to have that misshapen look & it will hold what ever shape I put it in. I just prefer a cleaner look most of the time.

100_5652.jpg

These shots were from a few years back
DanDisney.jpg

100_1798.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Jabos

A-List Customer
Lonny said:
I'm positive the frames are Moscot Lemtosh frames.
Some argue that they are Tart Arnell's. But I would like to think they are Moscot's as I own a couple pairs. :)

Oh, I'm definitely in the Tart Arnell camp! lol Lonny, you shameless brand name dropper. lol lol I've never even heard of those brands!!!

After thinking about it, I'm sure Johnny D doesn't lurk on here. He has a fedora personal assistant that lurks for him for a buck twenty five a year. If you ever want to quit, please let me know so I can apply for the job. I wonder who it is . . . Michaelshane perhaps? He certainly jumped to Johnny D.s defense in a hurry.;)

DanielJones said:
My stetson Whippet (circa 1947) is cleaner looking than Depp's, but as a whole, the same exact hat. It is pliable enough to have that misshapen look & it will hold what ever shape I put it in. I just prefer a cleaner look most of the time.

100_5652.jpg

These shots were from a few years back
DanDisney.jpg

100_1798.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Dan,

You have the Depp look going on there, but over all much more stylish in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass