Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 old Top Hats in very good condition for sale!

krasher

New in Town
Hello everybody,
I would like to offer these 2 very nice top hats including boxes, both are located in Austria but I can ship them anywhere.
One is a Habig, size 56 according to the box, in excellent condition inside and out, the box has some slight wear but also looks nice and also includes a paper bag with the logo of a hat dealership in Innsbruck, Austria that was inside the box.

I am not sure as to who actually made the second hat, it is also in nice condition except for what looks like a water spot on the top, the box says "Carl Zeumer, Leipzig, Magazin zum Pfau" on the side and the hat has the words "honi soit qui mal y pense" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honi_soit_qui_mal_y_pense - on the inside. The box also has some wear, not sure about the size of the hat, forgot to measure it, when I was taking the pics.

I am open to offers for either one or both of the hats,
thanks
Kescha Platonow
habig.jpg
habig1.jpg
habig2.jpg
habig3.jpg
habig4.jpg
habig5.jpg
habig6.jpg
habig7.jpg
habig8.jpg
habig9.jpg

Great Toppers, krasher! Unless the rules have changed around here, though, you need to post an asking price. What say you?!

And please measure!

krasher

New in Town
I won't be able to measure them until sometimes next week and will add the exact sizes then!
As to the prices - I honestly have no clue what these go for, eBay is anywhere between 50 and 1000 bucks, and I collect 40s-50s Fedoras, Homburgs and Westerns - what is a fair price for these two?

A fair price is whatever you (and a buyer) are happy with. Maybe do a bit of more detailed comparing, and then decide what YOU realistically think is fair. You'll find lots of help around here, but where $$$ is concerned, you must make those decisions because much of your prospective market hangs around here. Having said that, I think a fair price is $12.50 each... see my point?! (JK) Nice Toppers, for sure! Good luck!

That's seems reasonable to start. Have you listed them on Ebay? You'll know in short order about the pricing. Best of luck!!

Well, you've done that with your stated asking price. Now you'll get a sense of whether or not you're in the ballpark. I'm not even close to knowledgeable, but $400 seems like a good place to start. The market will dictate. Good luck!!

Did I miss the dimension measurements, front-to-back as well as side-to-side on both toppers?

krasher

New in Town
The hats are not at my home and I did not have time to go and measure them, yet, sorry! Will do that later this week

krasher

New in Town
finally got the measurements for the hats:
The Habig is 7.68" x 6.3", the other one is 7.68" x 6.22" inside

Thanks and kind regards
Kescha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails