Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$20 Suit

Gene

Practically Family
Up for your consideration is a gray with white chalk stripes suit from the 1960's, but a typical 60's suit it ain't!

Three button closure (3 roll 2), 100% thick wool (like you see on older suits), great stripes. Pants include watch pocket and classic-style side pockets (not the dreadful slant pockets you see on most suits post-50's). Jacket has some shoulder padding, but with more of a natural shoulder. Post-'62 Union Label and a great chain-stitched maker tag. No mothing, no problems...near perfect!

The jacket size is approx a 42R. Pants are 32"+3" to let x 29" + 3" to let.

$20 + Medium Flat Rate Priority Box and it's yours!

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
For decades, America's two 'top tier' ready-to-wear suitmakers were Oxxford Clothes and Southwick. This natural-shoulder sack suit (Southwick's house style) is a very well made example, with lots of handwork inside and out. The cut and silhouette are so classic, they'll probably never go out of style.

This suit is an absolute steal at $20.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The make and fabric of this suit would cost upwards of 2K these days. I always considered Southwick more of a factory suit like Hickey Freeman,Hart Schaffner & Marx , etc....with Oxxford being more of an atelier suit.

Gene

Practically Family
SPF.

I will say I got this at a thrift store about 4 years ago for half of what I'm asking, have worn it once since and it's just been sitting in my closet. My loss is your gain!

D-503

Familiar Face
That would be me! I'll probably need to go to a tailor for some minor alterations (I'm closer to a 40" than a 42") but you can't beat the price!

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Drats - I didn't get the spf. I figured a wool suit would have an unlimited sun protection factor.
Congrats on a really cool buy, D-503. Enjoy it! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo