Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$20 vintage champ spring/summer mesh fedora black 7 1/4-8

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
I won this on Ebay and did not take into account the measurement. Of course, it is too small for me. It kills me because the hat looks great.

It is black and stated size is 7 1/4 but fits more like a 7 1/8.

Internal circumference of hat is 21 1/4 inches.

Made by Champ--red white black and tan ribbon trim with flat bow.

There are a few small stains on the ribbon but they do not detract from how great the hat looks.

I am just asking to get my money back on the hat.

$20 plus $7 for shipping.

hat-1.jpg

mad_mod

New in Town
What is the brim size?

I won this on Ebay and did not take into account the measurement. Of course, it is too small for me. It kills me because the hat looks great.

It is black and stated size is 7 1/4 but fits more like a 7 1/8.

Internal circumference of hat is 21 1/4 inches.

Made by Champ--red white black and tan ribbon trim with flat bow.

There are a few small stains on the ribbon but they do not detract from how great the hat looks.

I am just asking to get my money back on the hat.

$20 plus $7 for shipping.

hat-1.jpg

troy

One of the Regulars
Hi Brian, It's a great looking hat. I'm looking for one like it, but I am concerned about the size. I wear a 7-1/8, but you state the inches as 21-1/4" which should be much smaller like 6-3/4 or 6-7/8. A 7-1/8 hat should be 22-1/4". If the hat almost fits you I suspect you got the 7-1/8 part right. Could you please check the inside measurement again for me.

Thanks
troy

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
The person who sold it to me had it listed at that measurement. I should have paid closer attention to it. I am terrible at measuring the inside of the hat. My attempt showed it was about 24" which really couldn't be right. Any easy way to check it? Thanks!

troy

One of the Regulars
If you have one of those fabric measuring tapes, that works best. Then start at one identifying point and keep going around holding onto the tape at points all around the inside edge. I don't think I'm explaining it very well, but the tailor's or seamstress's measure is pretty important. If you have one of those, you'll figure it out.

I am very interested in the hat if it's a 7-1/8, so let me know what you find please.

Thanks!
troy

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Ok. It looks like the measurement is accurate. I'll probably pull this ad and redo it. Would you say this is closer to a 6 3/4- 6 7/8?
Thanks for looking!

Engrishman

Familiar Face
According to Panama Bob:

54 Cm
= 21¼Inches
= 6¾ U.S.A. sizing
= 6⅝ English sizing

I've found these measurements to be relatively accurate, and they were confirmed by some of the Hatters in my city. I'm assuming you'll be using the American grade, so 6¾ is probably your best bet.

Last edited:

troy

One of the Regulars
The info Engrishman posted looks about right to me too. Thanks for verifying the size, although it saddens me, I sure love the look of that hat!

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Yes Troy..it killed me too after I received it to find out I only paid attention to the 7 1/4 and not the measurement. Oh well, maybe we both can find something even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo