Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2015 Stetson Excellent Quality GREEN THIN RIBBON (Preview & Review)

cloudatlas

New in Town
So I just ordered an Excellent Stratoliner in Caribou from Sterling Leather. It looks like it's a special order item for them, but the price was pretty nice with a discount code. I went with a 7 1/2 and will just pad it if it's too large (my size 59 Akubra Sydney gives me pretty vicious hat hair, so I figured I could use a bit more room). I'll post pics when it arrives.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Anyone pre-order an Excellent Strat from Delmonicos? If so, have you received your hat yet?

We have not received any of the Excellent Quality Stratoliners as of yet. Hatco is putting together an order of finished hat this week to send to us. hopefully they will be in the shipment.

Jeff

Time to update... This afternoon I met Jeff and the gang at DelMonico's and took delivery of my Excellent Quality Stratoliner...
IMG_6134.jpg

Happy, HAPPY, HAPPY!!! The felt is real.

triple-d

A-List Customer
Time to update... This afternoon I met Jeff and the gang at DelMonico's and took delivery of my Excellent Quality Stratoliner...
View attachment 27739

Happy, HAPPY, HAPPY!!! The felt is real.

DAYUM ........Charlie that photo is suitable for framing!!!! That puppy was made for YOU!!!!! I think Deckard could photoshop a Strat on Jeff, and and make billboards out of that pic!!!!!! Congrats !!!!!!

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
DAYUM ........Charlie that photo is suitable for framing!!!! That puppy was made for YOU!!!!! I think Deckard could photoshop a Strat on Jeff, and and make billboards out of that pic!!!!!! Congrats !!!!!!

Looks Great!!!!! I spoke with Jeff yesterday about the sage Strats, So far he has only received Caribou which I assume is the one your wearing. Hopes to have more in soon. Can't wait for mine. Sport that lid in the best of health

Joe

triple-d

A-List Customer
Looks Great!!!!! I spoke with Jeff yesterday about the sage Strats, So far he has only received Caribou which I assume is the one your wearing. Hopes to have more in soon. Can't wait for mine. Sport that lid in the best of health

Joe

So......TBSW..........(The Beaver Still Wear)..............our future Strats? ..The upside...they will be fresh! Nothing like a fresh Strat!!!

Thanks for all the reaction to the newby in the collection!

All the hype? Completely WARRANTED! I evaluated and compared to many other (vintage and currently made) hats I own, and the effort of Mr. Deckard and the folks at Stetson have resulted in an amazing, TOP quality product. The felt quality is clearly among the best I have ever experienced. The crease shown in the photo at DelMonico's store was put in dry in less than ten seconds (thanks, Jeff!) The feeling of the handwork that goes into the manufacturing process of these lids is remarkable. Even the presence of a minor imperfection imparts a positive (IMHO) sense that this is a solidly handcrafted product.

Guess what hat I'm wearing today!

Jeff's perfect quick bash...

At home

DelMonico Hatters puts your initials on the sweatband. Nice touch!

MUST have a shot of de plane!

To me, this shows the human aspects of the process...

Life is all about good lighting... POOF, it's gone!

In summary, I LOVE this hat. The weight, the feel, the look... everything about it is as hats should be. Even the TAR, for a WAR-wearer, is just PERFECT!!

CONGRATULATIONS, Matt, and everyone who had a hand in this project! HOME RUN!!!!!

g.durand

One Too Many
Awesome, Charlie! Congrats. Congrats to Mr. Deckard for his good work, too.

Now, as others have said, how about an Excellent Open Road in Silverbelly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

triple-d

A-List Customer
Awesome, Charlie! Congrats. Congrats to Mr. Deckard, for his good work, too.

Now, as others have said, how about an Excellent Open Road in Silverbelly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BINGO....I'm with g. on the OR. I talked to Jeff last week, and he is checking into it with Matt....

triple-d

A-List Customer
I keep coming back to check this puppy to check it out Charlie!! Can't take my eyeballs off it....lol

Thinking i'm going to go order another one..:eeek:....maybe the sage beavers are more readily available than the black and caribou beavers and it will arrive sooner[huh]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points