Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

20's Soiree on NYE 2014 - What tie to wear!

AnthonyG70

New in Town
Last year there was a "Great Gatsby" party held in Las Vegas. Was a pretty big deal from what I heard. Would have attended it last year, but we found out a bit too late to attend. Wasn't going to happen this year, and after months of planning we found out it wasn't scheduled this year. So the search began, and we found a fundraiser party at the Mandalay Falls Estate in Orange County, CA...also styled after the 20's/Gatsby.

Having some issues putting the ensemble together, and needing some opinions from the seasoned folks here. Found this site when actually looking for a fedora to wear :cool: several months back.

Suit: Dark navy, super 150, with high button vest
Shoes: Black leather wingtip
Hat: Black Trilby w/black band
Overcoat: 3/4 length wool blend, black
Gloves: Black leather driving (actually police frisking)
Suspenders: Navy with brass trim and leather button downs (not that they will be seen)
Tie bar: Gold

Here is what is driving me batty. I was thinking a pink shirt, and a black with red paisley tie/scarf. Not 100% sure on the look to match the era, going with my own research into the subject. My date is wearing a custom made red dress, fashioned after a flapper of course. I was wanting to make my tie match her dress.

Here are images of what I have:

41%2BBz%2B4L-lL._SX425_.jpg

$_57.JPG

$T2eC16R,!yEE9s5jFRfCBRJ63s)OhQ~~60_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

FW13_M_V73902_ROCSPORTLTBSNWING_MAIN.PNG

Now I am looking for suggestions on this tie, or if you can point me in another direction, I am open to suggestions.

Black w/red paisley pattern:
http://www.amazon.com/Landisun-660-Black-Paisleys-Mens/dp/B006UYKK14/ref=pd_sim_sbs_a_4

Alternate, but I think too much red for going against a pink/blue:
http://www.amazon.com/Paisleys-designer-wedding-accessories-H6018/dp/B004CS5W90/ref=pd_sim_a_82

Please put a link to where I can get it. Need to order something ASAP. Even a different color shirt/tie combo is appropriate for suggestion as I am always open for suggestion. Just want to wow my date, hell I even let my hair grow longer to get the style down pat...and you know how hard it is to find a good pomade?

AnthonyG70

New in Town
Probably, but this isn't a black tie affair. It's listed as a "show up in your favorite 20's attire", and I also didn't really want to go the whole coat-tails and black tie route. I did this because I can wear the suit for other occasions. Actually looking forward to it, to get some more ideas. Work is pretty hum-drum with wanna-be managers wearing sloppy shirts, mismatched ties and wrinkled appearance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner