Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

20th Century furniture classics

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Cool. A few of those, like the Saarinen chair and the Barcelona chair, have become ubiquitous. But there are a couple of those seats that you can tell would be uncomfortable. Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
The Barcelona chairs are extremely expensive. I really like them for the 50's lounge feeling, but they'd make any credit department happy with a terms sales. lol

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Matt Blatt has great Classic Copies at reasonable prices"

bibendum-black-high-150x150.jpg

http://www.mattblatt.com.au/Replica-Lounge-Chairs/Replica-Eileen-Gray-Bibendum-Chair.aspx?p1901c5

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
A few of my favorite 20th Century Classics still in production:

Bauhaus Chess (1924)
bauhauschess1924.jpg

Aalto 44 Lounge Chair (1935)
aalto_44_lounge_chair.jpg

Luxo LS (1937)
luxo_ls_1937.jpg

Noguchi Coffee Table (1944)
noguchi_coffee_table_1944.jpg

Nelson Bench (1946)
nelson_bench_1946.jpg

Iitala Aarne Glassware (1948)
iittala_aarne_1948.jpg

Todd V

Familiar Face
Worth it

The Knoll Barcelona chair is extremely expensive but is also extremely comfortable and durable as an everyday sitter. It is one of the few mid century pieces of which that can be said. I would even choose it over the Eames lounge for comfort!

I recently purchased a classic Dorothy Draper Espana chest. This goes in a slightly different direction than the Danish stuff but is very "Lounge-y" and extemely cool IMHO. ;)

MikeBravo

One Too Many
If I could have just one of those items pictured it would be the Noguchi coffee table

In fact if I had room in the flat I would have one by now, not an original sadly.

I'm waiting for the Luxo lamp to start jumping around the screen like in the Pixar intro :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran