Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30s/40s Valve Radio Cabinet to house modern system?

Edward

Bartender
Folks, I'm soon to be repalcing my old stereo system with something new. The core of my audio set-up is planned to be this little system from Denon:

304899.jpg

I'm deliberately planinng to go for a micro system so that it can be tucked away in a cupboard, and with careful palcement of the speaker, only the turntable need be on show. It has, however, occurred to me that it would be fun if I could find or make a cabinet for it that would have the appearance of a vintage radio, with a hinged from to allow access to the system itself.

Size is: 210W x 115H x 309D (Approx 8.25" x 4.25" x 12.25")

I've tried trawling google, but I can't turn anything up with information about this - wolud it be possible to buy a reproduction shell only that I could convert, or plans for something along those lines that I could work from?

Story

I'll Lock Up
If you have the artisan skills, I think you're going to have to be the pathfinder on this one. You might reach out to Datamancer (s/n here, or try his website: datamancer.net ) for tips, tricks and ideas.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You can also try to turn your liability into an advantage by going to the antique stores and telling them "Oh, it doesn't need to work" and thus getting a cheaper price on an old radio set, which you will gut out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou