Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30s sheepskin jacket made in USA

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
You have been on a tear, great find after great find! Can't wait to see what is up next on the hit list.
These are on their way:

-60s levis sherpa lined suede trucker
-70s levis suede trucker
-40s Windward

I'm especially looking forward to receiving the Windward. I don't have a vintage halfbelt in my collection yet and this is one of my favorite designs.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, interesting jacket. I'm not familiar with Crown zippers, but have never seen one like this. I'm thinking this is an early Crown, 1930s? It does look well made

I owned this and have seen it in Horsehide also. This has a mid 40s Talon.

DSC09579a.jpg

DSC09570a.jpg
DSC09573.jpg
DSC03113.jpg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I'm really glad that it fits you so well and I honestly didn't know that it is sheepskin. :oops:

I recently had a chat with the previous owner and sent her this link. Her response was:
"This is really cool! I'm really glad that he likes it! He really describes and wears my former jacket with such an enthusiasm! It had been hanging in my closet for some time without wearing it. What could be nicer than bringing someone joy (in this case through detours :))"

Below pic is the reason why I passed it on to you - if it were 2" longer it would have been a no brainer, because sleeves and body were nearly perfect. Anyway, it does look perfect on you!

Cheers, Robbie

upload_2021-4-30_9-56-36.png

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I'm really glad that it fits you so well and I honestly didn't know that it is sheepskin. :oops:

I recently had a chat with the previous owner and sent her this link. Her response was:
"This is really cool! I'm really glad that he likes it! He really describes and wears my former jacket with such an enthusiasm! It had been hanging in my closet for some time without wearing it. What could be nicer than bringing someone joy (in this case through detours :))"

Below pic is the reason why I passed it on to you - if it were 2" longer it would have been a no brainer, because sleeves and body were nearly perfect. Anyway, it does look perfect on you!

Cheers, Robbie

View attachment 330942
That's so cool that you've let her know the jacket has found a good new home :)

dwilson

A-List Customer
Really such an interesting piece with a unique history. I wonder if the bi color patina is due to it being a theater outfit and it was distressed in that fashion for the show? Either way the jacket looks great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran