Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'30s Suit, Goodbye!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Winter fabric breathes well too! It all did because it was natural fabric... fake synthetic junk doesn't breath.

Double breasted summer suits make plenty sense! Double breasted styles were very popular in the 30's and that extra 6" inches of overlap of light weight fabric isn't going to make enough of a difference at all. Take it from a guy who owns a vintage 40's double breasted summer suit... it's not even a thought that came into my mind.;) If you want the real trick to staying cool in the summer is to wear a T-shirt and shorts. lol

=WR=

3PieceSuitGuy

One of the Regulars
Yes the summer suit is...

a bit of a misnomer, a suit doesn't make you stay cool in summer at all. I remember in the 80's I had a 3 piece charcoal grey pinstripe "cool wool" suit ( had the vest made) and even without the vest the suit was as hot as hell in summer. But I looked bloody good in it.

Agree with the shorts and t-shirt comment in summer Wild Root, but you don't look anywhere near as good as in a suit (as you know)! In the 40's when a suit was pretty much the done thing, it would have been good to be able to wear a lighter fabric suit, and still look great!

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Apart from choosing lighter fabrics, you could remove the lining the Italian way. Depending on the fabric, the suit might or might not hang differently.

Wild Root

Gone Home
3PieceSuitGuy said:
Agree with the shorts and t-shirt comment in summer Wild Root, but you don't look anywhere near as good as in a suit (as you know)! In the 40's when a suit was pretty much the done thing, it would have been good to be able to wear a lighter fabric suit, and still look great!

Oh, I agree with you friend! I haven't worn a pair of shorts in almost 10 years!

Yes, suits were a standard item to wear in the 40's but... I've seen plenty of photos of men out on the street in CA wear short sleeved button down shirts and light weight fabric trousers... and they did have shorts but, those were worn at the beach mostly. Vintage summer wear is very hard to come by!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot