Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3rd Hat: Stetson One Hundred

buler

I'll Lock Up
Went to some antique malls this weekend and got very lucky. Found a Stetson One Hundred with its original case. Although the case is in rough shape (lid hinge is broke off), the hat is in very good condition. I've taken a lot of pictures (I know I like to see lots of pics). The hat is a size 7 3/8 (too big for me) and not really my style. But the felt is so unbelievable that I couldn't pass it up. Will be going up for auction soon.
A couple of questions. Were all One Hundred's the same color? Are the matching numbers on the inside of the sweatband and on the paper tag a serial number or just a model number? Hand written on the one paper tag is "102 miller geo B". At least thats what it looks like. Its very small and hard to read. Any idea what that means?

Enjoy!
B

A pretty good representation of the color
3267419425_73ebd76962_o.jpg

In the box
3267419329_62b79cfbd5_o.jpg

band markings
3268240378_f5bfcc4ac4_o.jpg

3267416739_308f278d42_o.jpg

3267416845_47dae4f656_o.jpg

Inside tags
3267421525_41f5d24ecd_o.jpg

underside of sweatband
3268245354_6c37ba4968_o.jpg

size tag
3268245284_8e42f77afe_o.jpg

Brim measures 2 7\8 (if I'm doing it right)
3268243240_99a1d73a9a_o.jpg

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Exceptional find, Buler. Congrats!

Antique malls...may have to try my luck again sometime. Everything I've come across in such places has been far too small (unlike yours which is my size) and in poor condition. This is the nicest Open Road I've seen on offer.

- Bill

kiltie

Practically Family
Fantastic, and from the Gunther Hotel right here in SA, to boot!!!
Sadly, there's no longer a hatshop/mens' store there anymore, but the hotel it still up with a great lobby, good bar, excellent bakery, and a ghost or two for good measure. I'd love to find some vintage with San Antonio ties. Incredible you found it in the land of cheese.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
"What an ugly hat. I don't know why anyone would want one of those" he said as he sucked on his sour grapes. The third one. The hat Gods are smiling on you.

buler

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic said:
"What an ugly hat. I don't know why anyone would want one of those" he said as he sucked on his sour grapes. The third one. The hat Gods are smiling on you.

I've bit into a few sour ones in my time. But I do get lucky once in a while. I have my eye on an Aero leather jacket, so this may help with that fund.

B

buler

I'll Lock Up
kiltie said:
Fantastic, and from the Gunther Hotel right here in SA, to boot!!!
Sadly, there's no longer a hatshop/mens' store there anymore, but the hotel it still up with a great lobby, good bar, excellent bakery, and a ghost or two for good measure. I'd love to find some vintage with San Antonio ties. Incredible you found it in the land of cheese.

It is interesting that it made its way up here. I always wonder about the story behind the item. This hat really doesn't even look worn. The sweatband (to my eye) looks like it came off the line today.

Thanks for the info on the Gunther. Too bad the men's store is gone.

B

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
That's a very nice hat, Buler. Looks almost 1000% the same as the "100" I have, except mine doesn't mention "Stetson 100" in the front of the sweatband. Maybe it was made one year earlier, or one year later.

You mentioned a box, bet it's a square cardboard gold and red affair, covered in some sort of brittle plastic?

Your hat is my size. Mine too lol except not originally: I had it resized.

Paul

buler

I'll Lock Up
PabloElFlamenco said:
That's a very nice hat, Buler. Looks almost 1000% the same as the "100" I have, except mine doesn't mention "Stetson 100" in the front of the sweatband. Maybe it was made one year earlier, or one year later.

You mentioned a box, bet it's a square cardboard gold and red affair, covered in some sort of brittle plastic?

Your hat is my size. Mine too lol except not originally: I had it resized.

Paul

Paul, I did read the thread on your hat. Box looks the same. My cover is no longer connected and the lock is gone. Handle is still there and in nice shape. The plastic is peeling off of mine in a lot of spots. Did yours have any hand writing on the inside tag like mine?

B

Shot of the top of the box
3267416475_2b31ec5e37_o.jpg

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Yes Buler, pretty much same hat, same box. What would you age your hat as being? Mid sixties? I don't know about mine, really. It was sold to me as "1950's" but these guys don't know hoot, I bet (same goes for me, by definition :eek: )

Pablo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo