Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

4-H, anybody in it?

Bustercat

A-List Customer
Lots of 4H in upstate NY, knew some farm kids around where my Aunt lived who were in it from a young age. Nice bunch. Never was in it in growing up in NYC.

Though I went to a 4H summer camp around age 8 or 9, it was full of foul mouthed metalheads, go figure?

Voodoo Kitten

Familiar Face
Horses and rabbits too!....... and dairy goats... and sheep... and swine.... and beef.... and *ducks under chair* veal. I think if it had four legs and fur I raised it at one point or another, LOL.

I made a pretty decent "living" as a teenager breeding sheep. I was even a California State Diamond Star.... uber-nerd in the 4-H world was I :eusa_doh:

I in fact met my husband at the Del Mar Fair, (now San Diego County Fair), he was in FFA.

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
I bow before such an expert! That's a pretty big accomplishment1:eusa_clap

Voodoo Kitten said:
Horses and rabbits too!....... and dairy goats... and sheep... and swine.... and beef.... and *ducks under chair* veal. I think if it had four legs and fur I raised it at one point or another, LOL.

I made a pretty decent "living" as a teenager breeding sheep. I was even a California State Diamond Star.... uber-nerd in the 4-H world was I :eusa_doh:

I in fact met my husband at the Del Mar Fair, (now San Diego County Fair), he was in FFA.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Last night I was out at the range for 4H Shooting Sports smallbore practice. On the 4th of July we're setting up an air rifle / BB Gun booth at the county fair. We're right next to the bunny barn, escapees are welcome. lol

I wasn't in 4H as a kid in spite of being raised in a farm community in Central Illinois. I didn't own pigs and therefore didn't think I was welcome.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot