Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

40's bomber jacket

fishmeok

Vendor
Just finished this last night (except for the cuffs, I always seem to be short one pair for some reason). It's my version of a classic 40's bomber jacket (have to think up a name for the style- something catchy, yet subtle) made out of seal brown goatskin, mouton collar, wool coat lining, Talon zip, slash pockets, and an inside g-1 style pocket (size 42). Two piece back, inset sleeves, three piece arms, wool knits, etc...

Cheers
Mark

CompDown939-1.jpg

CompDown948-1.jpg

CompDown924.jpg

CompDown920.jpg

CompDown916.jpg

CompDown907.jpg

CompDown906.jpg

CompDown899.jpg

CompDown901.jpg

CompDown891.jpg

Kid Mac

Practically Family
Outstanding! I especially like the pointed collar and its dimensions. The interior leather hem strip is a nice touch. Very vintage look overall. Thanks for the pics.

Cheers,

Mac

Fiver64

Practically Family
outstanding!

Fantastic work, Mark! Once my (your) new A-2 rolls in, I need to talk to you about a custom jacket...........should you choose to accept the mission!

fishmeok

Vendor
Thanks everyone- this jacket was alot of fun to make, especially the pockets and the stitching on the back of the collar. I think the yoke needs to be scalloped though, have to add that to my next one.

This jacket was a custom for a friend, but I can always make more. have to think up a good name for the style though, like flightmaster or something similar.
Cheers
Mark

fishmeok

Vendor
The jacket is loosely based on the pics below- we decided to do away with the epps and add a two piece back. I didn't realize how close I came with the collar until I looked at these again, I just used my favorite pattern. Guess my sensibilities really are stuck in the late 40's...
Cheers
Mark

1473army.jpg

1473army11.jpg

1473army5.jpg

fishmeok

Vendor
Northernaire has a nice local ring to it. I like things that remind me of Northern Minnesota (where I grew up). unfortunately it's hard to make a good jacket name out of "taconite", and "iron ranger" doesn't quite sound right...:)
Cheers
Mark

Fiver64

Practically Family
Fish needs a label!

Oh, this sounds like a challenge!!:eusa_clap

What about a variation on one of your mentioned ideas...... How about "Iron Range Flight Apparel?" Gives an impression of ruggedness and "blue-collar" values.

Any other good name/label ideas for Mark? Weigh in here folks!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou