Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'41 Olds (from My Vintage Car Acquisition Odyssey)

Cracker

One of the Regulars
Scotrace now has me obsessed with '41 Oldsmobiles. Here's a fantastic club coupe listed on the ebays; much nicer than the maroon 4-door I used to drool over on my daily commute. You don't see too many of these...

Edit: Sorry, no live ebay auctions please. (even though very cool and i have bookmarked it. :))

Edit: Broken Links Removed.

My Fantasy
My Former Daily Drooler

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
let's post these to make it easier to see.
c2c8_12.jpg

c4fa_12.jpg

cca1_12.jpg

d370_12.jpg

Willi_Goat

One of the Regulars
Beautiful automobile. I am on my fourth Olds, unfortunately nothing older than a 76, although it was a cherry Cutlass Supreme Brougham. I loved the people that could not believe that an 25 year old car had automatic headlights. I suppose they had never heard of Cadillac. I know they had automatic dimmers on headlights in 1959, I am sure they had something like my Olds had before then.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
That's a beautiful car.
The interior color and the exterior are a great combination

Does Oldsmobile make a good car? This has questioned me for a while.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
What a lovely car. I used to be obsessed with classic cars, I've kinda put that to the wayside recently. I need to get back into them, or at this rate I'll never own one!

Cracker

One of the Regulars
Sorry about the broken links. I don't know what happened, but then, I don't know much about these here computer thingys, so I'm sure I did something wrong.

The price on that '41 Olds is only up to $19,000. Not that I have that much loose change under the cushions, but still it's much less than a new Honda. And I'd much rather drive that beauty than my boring Accord.

Sly Style

Familiar Face
Only problem with that is you won't get a bank loan for a classic car like you will for a new one, what a shame!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
This isn't mine, but I had to sell one like it. 1952 Super 88 2 Door Sedan. 403 Rocket, Hydramatic.

253730738_9d3cc68a77_m.jpg

The leftover parts and very specific tools turned into a real nice A2 jacket, though, so I feel like I still have it in a way.

epr25

Practically Family
I unfortunatley have not yet been able to afford a classic car yet. I am hoping within the next couple of years to get this done. The question that I have is are they harder to navigate the older they are? I don't have a make model or year in mind. I know that I want allot of chrome. Whatever I end up with I hope to use it for summer driving maybe daily? So I want something that isn't super hard to deal with. What has your experience been?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
'41 Olds

Nothing to add except what a gorgeous car! What gal wouldn't like to see that stopping in front of her house to pick her up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails