Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50 Unexplainable Photos

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Well, at the risk of starting an inflammatory exchange, history shows us relatively conclusively, Mr. Hoover maligned a good number of people. I don't think it is unbearable that we enjoy a bit of humor at his expense.

I agree.

Hoover and his McCarthyite witch hunts! I hope he burns in hell! :mmph:

TCMfan25

Practically Family
12 is obviously "Harlan Sanders -- The Early Years." It explains the entire later course of the future Colonel's life.

Number 9 is actually explicable too -- that's Ming The Panda, one of the most famous attractions in the London Zoo before the war. The kid is the son of the photographer, who brought him along to play with the panda while getting some pictures for Picture Post magazine.

I have a 16mm film clip of Ming ferociously attacking an Alsatian dog who was menacing Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret during a zoo visit that same summer.

ming-proteck1.jpg

She didn't *just* play football, she also did her bit to protect Their Royal Highnesses from the filthy Bosch.

ming-proteck1.jpg

Last edited:

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
"When are we going to stop meeting like this Joe?" ;)

This picture is so bizarre on so many levels. What on earth are in those packages behind them? Dynamite? Guns? Gold? Spare body parts?

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Not so much unexplainable as sheer stupidity ... stuffed owl catching a rat .. trunk of a tree ... meh ... .... I don't like it Louise Brooks

20sowlhat1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt